Best 3D engine

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • how good of a computer are you talking about and what do you think most people use

• and when you start stepping into game making it boosts the amount things jam because when it tries to compile stuff complex programs often freeze

• sosensible I wouldnt of given my 2cents if i never used a 3D program and i understand what your saying but when it comes to Hardware that is a consumer issue,You dont see people complaining to unity if their computer cant handle that software,That is a personal issue and most computers nowdays are ment to handle more than you actually know.I am running all of my engines on my Laptop and i do so without having any issues whatsoever.Now if i am getting this all wrong and reading this incorrect forgive me but You are making this sound like a Drag and Drop/Event Based 3D Program wouldnt be possible to develop.In my honest opinion i feel like the Idea alone is way past Overdue and i feel like Scirra should capitalize on this chance to create something truly amazing.

• RookieDev

I agree to your statement "In my honest opinion i feel like the Idea alone is way past Overdue".

At all times a computer was there to simplify complex processes, from the first pocket calculator to the super computers nowadays. There's no reason to think that something wouldn't be possible just because it has not be done yet!

Ashley is one of the most talented and addicted programmers out there, but he already has his baby. It's C2. But there are othere developers that might take the challenge.

• RookieDev

I agree to your statement "In my honest opinion i feel like the Idea alone is way past Overdue".

At all times a computer was there to simplify complex processes, from the first pocket calculator to the super computers nowadays. There's no reason to think that something wouldn't be possible just because it has not be done yet!

Ashley is one of the most talented and addicted programmers out there, but he already has his baby. It's C2. But there are othere developers that might take the challenge.

Very well said tulamide and i agree with everything you posted,The only thing that i would love to see even if it is lightyears away is Scirras Name on a drag and drop 3D program.I say this because Ashley and Scirra have the best implementation of drag and drop and if they made this program,it would be made the right way but to go back to your statements i totally agree with your position on this subject.Kudos

• yes but what did you use and you complex did your stuff get

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • armedunity.com

they selling a Call Of Duty Starter Kit also a FPS starter Kit.

check their youtube videos .

They are using Unity3D and it looks very good !

PS: i offer my premium account there cuz i dont need it anymore

• I'm a big fan of the CryEngine, I've worked on multiple projects in the past; namely Ryse and Streets of Rage.

Drop in/out of game is super fast as are the iteration times. I find level design much better in this engine than any other. It also shares a lot of similarities with technology used at Ubisoft, so I'm rather biased ;)

I've also used Unreal for a couple of projects, including the open world title, Wheelman - it was really quite flexible and Kismet is a neat scripting tool (I prefer it to CryEngine's Flowgraph). Some of my pals are working on the new Unreal Engine and say it could be world changing for indies - but then they would say that, wouldn't they ;D

I've used Unity a couple of times for prototypes and game jams but I find it a little cumbersome and surprisingly unintuitive - though most would disagree.

• for a js code based 3d engine there is three.js - powerful but not easy :)

• There's a Drag and drop events for Unity, it's a plugin called uScript.

Nways Torque 3D and DXStudio are very begginer friendly and can do something good, not an AAA+ but something good =)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)