Flappy Bird

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The "Flying bird" game assets. The characters have been created with inspiration from popular mobile games
  • Giving an ingame advantage for clicking your ads is still a dirty practice.

Not only it is dirty but isn't also that against the rules? An ad is something you cannot say "hey click on me please", it doesn't work like that If I am correct, telling people to click it could theorically result in problems for the one who though of that.

• The developers need to make money somehow. Clicking ads or buying in-game items is the only way to do it for these type of games. You can either do that or have a one time buy amount.

Clicking ads is honest if you give them a fair amount of points for doing so, make it so clicking ads gives them a proportional amount of money you make from that click. Not many games do this, I cannot think of one off the top of my head, but not everyone is willing to pay for your game boosts. Boosts are a gross design concept in itself.

• This is from AdSense Program Policy, which is the same as AdMob since Google owns it. Now it does not specify what kind of "Compensation" as in real money or In game currency.

[quote:3bdwdua0]Invalid clicks and impressions

Publishers may not click their own ads or use any means to inflate impressions and/or clicks artificially, including manual methods.

L

Clicks on Google ads must result from genuine user interest. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on your Google ads is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include, but are not limited to, repeated manual clicks or impressions, automated click and impression generating tools and the use of robots or deceptive software. Please note that clicking your own ads for any reason is prohibited.

Encouraging clicks

Publishers may not ask others to click their ads or use deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks. This includes, but is not limited to, offering compensation to users for viewing ads or performing searches, promising to raise money for third parties for such behavior or placing images next to individual ads.

Learn more

In order to ensure a good experience for users and advertisers, publishers participating in the AdSense program may not:

Compensate users for viewing ads or performing searches, or promise compensation to a third party for such behavior.

Encourage users to click the Google ads using phrases such as "click the ads", "support us", "visit these links" or other similar language.

Direct user attention to the ads using arrows or other graphical gimmicks.

Place misleading images alongside individual ads.

Place ads in a floating box script.

Format ads so that they become indistinguishable from other content on that page.

Format site content so that it is difficult to distinguish it from ads.

Place misleading labels above Google ad units. For instance, ads may be labelled "Sponsored Links" or "Advertisements", but not "Favourite Sites" or "Today's Top Offers".

• Right, which is why you don't directly compensate them for clicking them. You give them points over time for playing the game, based on the amount of ads they see.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Helladen

Yes lol I edited that, saying it don't specify what kind of "Compensation".

If I gave someone "In Game Points" for taking the time by clicking on my ad, I therefore am compensating them in some way.

• > Because the guy who did Flappy Bird said he was making $50,000 a day from the game...

>

Yeah, that's right... Everybody wanted money so they just made similar game

Not so easy, the creator of flap bird has publish the game 1 year before the game 'explodes' on numerous smarthphones..

• I would say youtube reviews caused it:

Game Theory: Flappy Bird, PewDiePie, and Pasta Sauce

Subscribe to Construct videos now

This guy actually points out some interesting things that not only helped flappy bird, but could help everyone here as well. His whole channel is fantastic in my opinion. Give it a watch.

• I really want to say that Flappy games are everywhere! they are viral! Why they are so popular game type?

I asked this same question a good while back. These mini games bore me if I play for more than a few minutes because you dont really work towards anything but a higher score so I looked into why the heck they get so many installs. Basically lots of the players(but not all of course) that play these are looking for a quick fix to kill a few minutes of boredom in long lines, bus rides, few minutes of spare time and aren't really looking for a profound experience which I complexly understand and have been guilty of myself at times. For developers....they are super quick to make(meer hours for the basic ones) and if it catches on, you can make a killing. Flappy bird not only spread the cloning virus but also started the onslaught of mini games that are masochistic on purpose because the more you die, the more ads show up. Developers like https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... d=Ketchapp and https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ps+Pty+Ltd come to mind. Mostly simple games and if you look closely...5-10 million installs on some of those apps. With the ads and in-apps going on...you can imagine why there are so many of these uploaded trying to be the next big thing. Hope I helped.

• I think the game itself is barely even a game though ^^;

I'm out of words for flappy bird

(oh, it somewhat rhymed, 't was not even my intention though... )

• Remove the 'l' form flappy and you know why. It's an infantile joke the simple minded can't resist to download.

"...tis sounds like f***y... must have ... awrgh ... f***y ... "

• Every one thought they can earn millions like the creator..

• I actually quite like Spikes by Ketchapp, it's a more stylish clone.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)