Spark Game Engine

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
252 high-quality spacecraft engine sounds in a futuristic style.
  • One more question...will it be Windows only or will there be a Mac version?

According to their website, the editor will be cross-platform.

Beaverlicious it was said that the engine was made with the engine (sounds inception to me), soit should run on multiple platform as well.

The editor is made with the engine, not the engine with the engine. No inception here I'm afraid

• Thanks for clearing that up! SPARKCEPTION!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think we need to go deeper.

• did anyone get a beta key, to my knowledge they havent given them out yet

• did anyone get a beta key, to my knowledge they havent given them out yet

The beta will start somewhere around summer. Now you can apply for the alpha release (starts in about a month), just read back a few posts for more information. But keep in mind, that the alpha is for people who want to help them create the engine (providing feedback and reporting bugs I guess), and it's not ready for serious game development.

• Beta keys will be distributed in Summer. For more info join our Skype Group here!

• Looks very interesting i must say. though i feel most at home when using construct 2 (-:

• [quote:3ddrznsi]Filtering collisions and other interaction types.

Me wants Nape in Construct 2 ~"grunts" ;:B

• They seem to provide most of the features that I would like to have with Construct 3....

Spark features

Behaviours - events - code

It's probably going to be a subscription based though

• It's probably going to be a subscription based though

It's too early to tell, but these are for sure:

• There will be a free version, that will be capable of making games.
    • The paid versions will be affordable.
    • The engine is still a long way off.

You can follow the news in the Skype Group (linked in a post before) or on the offical forums:

http://spark.ninja/

• glerikud

I have understood that it's going to be a cloud system. I haven't come across many cloud based software that isn't using subscription model. I like to "own" the software that i buy, not kind of rent it. Probably I'm little bit old fashioned that way, but I think I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

• I have understood that it's going to be a cloud system. I haven't come across many cloud based software that isn't using subscription model. I like to "own" the software that i buy, not kind of rent it. Probably I'm little bit old fashioned that way, but I think I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

You will be able to use the edtor offline, and you'll have to pay for that only once. There will be indeed an online, cloud based editor and that indeed will use subscription based modell.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)