(Paid) (platformer) Need help for a very specific module regarding rope swing and momentum

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello there,

I am currently working on a platformer and the goal is to have a rope swing that looks like this:

youtube.com/watch

I was able to code the casting of the rope already, but everything after that is a big mess. The momentum at the start and at the end of the rope swing are all over the place. Nothing is fluid and I am looking for something smooth.

I was able to get a rope swing with the orbit behavior, but I encountered several problems. First, when I end the orbit behavior, the character just stops dead in its track and its velocity is straight down instead of swinging what was its orbital momentum a frame ago. And second, the orbit's speed is calculated in degrees per second instead of pixels per second, which complicates things. right now the formulas for the rope swing's speed are wrong.

If you think you can reproduce the rope swing in all it's smoothness like in the youtube video I have shown above please DM me. I don't mind if the orbit behavior is put in the trashcan and a completely different approach is used.

Thank you in advance!

• Hope this example give you some insight: dropbox.com/s/rh30yc2lh0iciy3/hook_chain.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I... don't see how this example was helpful in any way.

• I can give a hand to your specific swing rope. It just old example demo-ing one of many possible way to hook rope. Really it took time to modify the example tailored to your expectation. Feel free to modify it or just ignore it.

• I am definitely interested in help! Do you have discord, or what other platform could be used to DM? my discord is !Wak#2815 (exclam point important).

• Rarely using it but I'll reach you at Discord. Invitation sent.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)