Monster Hunter like Top Down Action RPG

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • LongBen kind of off topic, but create a new layer and set its paralex rate to 0. next time though, ask those questions in the "How Do I" forum

• And not meaning to spam, but I'd like to add to the thing I said about UE4 and say it's not good for 2D games. It's rendering code is overkill for a 2d game.

• And not meaning to spam, but I'd like to add to the thing I said about UE4 and say it's not good for 2D games. It's rendering code is overkill for a 2d game.

I tried GameMaker yesterday and honestly it's turned me off to extensive coding of any sort what so ever damn near. It just takes to long to get something good and working in comparison to construct 2. The only draws are the cheaper price tag and the opportunity for being a ps4 and Xbox dev. Which is something construct 2 SORELY lacks.

• Kraplanta are you saying they dropped the price of GameMaker: Studio? Last I checked, to get as many exports as C2 it costs around 700$, which is insane in comparison to C2's 100$ personal license xD.

I agree though, leave the programming to the programmers. That's the point of engines like C2 and UE4, two engines that don't require a programmer, but still benefit from one. I personally think it's important that the ability to develop a game is easily achievable, because knowing how to program doesn't mean you know how to make a good game .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Kraplanta are you saying they dropped the price of GameMaker: Studio? Last I checked, to get as many exports as C2 it costs around 700$, which is insane in comparison to C2's 100$ personal license xD.

I agree though, leave the programming to the programmers. That's the point of engines like C2 and UE4, two engines that don't require a programmer, but still benefit from one. I personally think it's important that the ability to develop a game is easily achievable, because knowing how to program doesn't mean you know how to make a good game .

Precisely! And yea it's $349 now for all the exports, but even the $80 version of Game Maker Studio has Xbox one & PS4 exports.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)