How are these ideas for a game? I'm working on a game now

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Title: Star CAO, a space invaders like game, + I added a lot of cool stuff:

I am working on a Space Invaders like type of game:

As well as different colors, they are different classes and textures:

The bottom row are biological aliens, like the H.R. Giger type.

The middle row is robotic, just like Transformers.

The top row is like the Tron vehicles.

I replaced yellow with purple, because I don't want them to look like bumble bees.

I have this feature where the player can exit the vehicle and move around. There's also things I can add to the level like:

Towers that shoot upwards

Bombs that can be dragged and dropped onto a cluster of enemies

Mines that can be set in place and goes off when tripped on

Shields that protect the player

Falling cash from the killed enemies

A shop to buy these items, and upgrade the vehicle

The vehicle can also jump and crush the enemies, with the right upgrade

A map overview for multiple levels

Glowing laser bricks, the blocks between the player and the aliens

If the invaders can reach the ground, we don't lose. The player can still whack them with a bat or shoot them.

How does this sound? What could it use? And what could it do without?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It sounds like a lot of ideas going on there. Its hard to picture what your describing with just words alone. But, im not sure how the vehicle is use or why the player can exit out the vehicle? is this a top-down game where you can see the player and everything coming at the player?

• It would probably be easier if I were to add pictures.

youtube.com/watch

A demo anyways.

All the same game, get to fly around in a ship too, and go to other planets.

It's been made a while ago but not brought out yet, I'll have to recreate it because my files were not saved. I'll make an improved version of it.

• The video was much help to see all what you were describing. So you got a lot going on for your game and it's almost that you have 3-4 games all in one game. It's a platformer, it's invaders and then it's somewhat of a space-shooter/asteroid game as well. I like that your game is a platformer, more than it just being the "invaders" style of a game. I also like the you can fly in a space ship to go to other planets as well. You should incorporate the two styles of platformer and space-roaming to other planets in your game. Make some missions out of the levels and search for something or rescues team members that got lost exploring these planets or places that you have to search through to find any surviving people. I didn't really like the invaders idea, since it's really it's own game already and that it's just extra, that really doesn't need to be there IMO.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)