Are game develepors Poor?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • > If you like math go ingeneer, because you can use all that math for the games.

> If you go doctor is going to steal all your time and dont have all that math / data base / etc the ingeneer have

>

So I have decided from an early time that I want to be a computer engineer, so could then it possible to have time for making games as a hobby?

Lots of good advice in this thread!

Get a computer engineering degree and make your own games on the side, integrating them in your curriculum whenever possible (e.g. project classes). That's what I did as well when I was (much) younger!

Once graduated, you will see which opportunities are most suitable and rewarding and choose accordingly. In any case, just a general life lesson from someone who is more than double your age: as long as you are a young fresh graduate (e.g. in your early/mid 20s) don't think about money. You can take risks. Focus on your passions and in building relevant skills. But once you get in your 30s and/or start planning for a family, you need to start being more practical and think about paychecks.

In the meanwhile, once you became a good game programmer, you can definitely convert your skills to any other software related industry if the actual game dev route doesn't work out as hoped.

All the best!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)