I am an avid pinball player, real and virtual I play Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX2 tables, and have been playing computer pinball games since the Commodore 64 (Pinball construction set). To me the 'feel' and control of the ball are the most important parts to get right. It does not need to be realistic to be good - for example, I love Devil's Crush, for example, which is not very realistic at all, but still has an excellent feel and level of playability.
I think you are getting somewhat close to a good feel - around 75% there, in my opinion. Still missing is the level of control I would like to see.
- the tables are not that interesting to play yet.
- the ball snaps unrealistically to drop targets.
- I'd like to see lights indicating goals, achievements, etcetera - just like real machines.
- on several occasions balls just went straight through the (left) flipper.
- I think the collision for the tip of the flippers can be extended a bit.
- I'd like to see an option to play in 2d - I rotate one of my 27" screens in order to be able to play in portrait mode. Ideal for pinball gaming.
- perhaps consider a scrolling viewpoint similar to the old Pinball Dreams game on the Amiga?
- I caught the ball with the left flipper, waited for it to settle, and when I dropped the flipper the ball was stuck.
- the ball does not roll very convincingly yet.
- real and virtual tables have many more interesting parts - tunnels, etc. I would also like to see more than one level with ramps and such.
All in all, a good start - perhaps consider creating a pinball game similar to Devil's Crush - I would love to see something similar. Your pinball engine seems more suitable for that type of pinball game.
Thanks for the feedback. These are still a work in progress.
I have a 2D version: