Sucessful indie games on PC. Why C2 have no examples?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
These recognizable, fun-filled and simple music loops are a great asset for fast prototyping and ready for use.
  • we had about one year of node-webkit janking, which looked bad and was disorienting, not a good thing going for C2, as you said, good but no warranty of it being solid enough

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • And I must say that NW.Js isn't really so reliable. It's good but not solid I might say.

Some video capture program doesn't work with NW.JS. Manually I need to capture my screen while playing my game windowed mode. I hope C3 drops NW.JS and get it's own system. Because C3 states "Windows, Mac and Linux Support Construct 3 will run beautifully on whatever operating system you want to use.". I guess it's about 'own' preview browser. Also they admit current PC support is unstable from my view.

• Aphrodite

shinichild

Yes. I hope they provide a much better support for PC on C3 and C2 because imo there is no reason to buy C3 if there is not enough improvements for the engine and methods of exporting and porting your game cause it makes no sense at all having a good engine but you can't have a polished and stable way to release your game.

• Aphrodite

Without asking too specifics, was it worth porting to wii u? How big is the indie market there?

• I'm not a wii u dev so I can only know a little things or two (and I'm also under no NDA so what I can gather is public), it seemed the wiiU did not support webGL at all, so porting a big game to wii u must be a chore.

• I'm not a wii u dev so I can only know a little things or two (and I'm also under no NDA so what I can gather is public), it seemed the wiiU did not support webGL at all, so porting a big game to wii u must be a chore.

Oh, damn. Really? I thought it's one of best things for C2. Well.. still I can export to Win, Mac, Lin but... I wonder console porting (if the devs get permission to port on Xbox Live) supports webGL as well. Otherwise the images will be heavily replaced.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)