Looking for some advice/opinions on appealing to players

0 favourites
  • Hi tallenwebdev,

It seems like everyone is suggesting hiding old ver. of your game and uploading a new ver. As the creator of Bio-Gun I wanted to point out that I kept updating the same game ver. insteading uploading a whole new game and hiding the old. You wont believe how many times people will come back to your game to see how your game is doing and if it has been updated. My advise it to be as responsive as you can in your comment section and to make sure to upload a new ver. at least once or twice a week.

As to your original question.

Make sure when you post your games on any forum including scirra arcade you have a very solid first build. 90% bug free, polished, and attention to small details. People who play your game will feel respected and will come back to it more often.

-Best of luck to you and your future endeavors tallenwebdev!

• Hi tallenwebdev,

It seems like everyone is suggesting hiding old ver. of your game and uploading a new ver. As the creator of Bio-Gun I wanted to point out that I kept updating the same game ver. insteading uploading a whole new game and hiding the old. You wont believe how many times people will come back to your game to see how your game is doing and if it has been updated. My advise it to be as responsive as you can in your comment section and to make sure to upload a new ver. at least once or twice a week.

As to your original question.

Make sure when you post your games on any forum including scirra arcade you have a very solid first build. 90% bug free, polished, and attention to small details. People who play your game will feel respected and will come back to it more often.

-Best of luck to you and your future endeavors tallenwebdev!

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words! I think I am going to re-upload a new version when the game is ready, but it's because the game has come so far from the current arcade version. Also since the game has now become a much bigger project that I down the road intend to monetize, I want to start clean with a demo on the Scirra Arcade. Plus my first versions (and the current arcade version) aren't near as polished as your game! Which is why I want a fresh start too.

Again thank you!

• Definitely! No problem at all and thanks for the compliments. Best of luck with your game. Lets hope you make enough that you can make it your full time job!

• Definitely! No problem at all and thanks for the compliments. Best of luck with your game. Lets hope you make enough that you can make it your full time job!

That would be the dream! I'm currently a software engineer major in college

• Very nice! Do you graduate soon?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very nice! Do you graduate soon?

No I'm actually a freshman in college

• HI

HOW DID YOU IMPLEMENT THE LEADERBOARD OF THE SITE IN ITS GAME?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)