DOOM like camera bobbing.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • I looked everywhere to try and find results for this, but found nothing that really matched ID Software's DOOM. But then I figured it out. Simply create a UI layer put in your gun sprite and give it 2 sine behaviors. One horizontal one vertical. Tweak them to your liking either really exaggerated, or quite subtle. Then set the wave period time for horizontal, and exactly half that for vertical so it will always bob up in the middle. Set conditions so if any of the W or A or S or D/^ or > or < or v are down set both sine behaviors enabled, then create a condition where if none of they keys are down to set both sine behaviors disabled. When done, you will have camera bobbing pretty almost exactly like DOOM's. :D

giphy.com/gifs/VwhnQURjx4yM2hk8Oo <-- GIF of DOOM camera bobbing.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i also looking solution for this. i try add sine to 3dCamera but sine dosent work with Z position

• That's not a camera bob. As the previous post said it's an object sway.

• I was able to make the camera bob by adding a sine to the z-elevation of the object that's used for 3D camera movement and turning it on and off (by variables) in the movement controls. I piggybacked it on other events I already had since I'm under the constraints of the free version so I'm sure others could make a more elegant solution.

(But hat-tip to the original poster since it didn't occur to me to try it until I read this.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)