[Request] Inventory list Plugin

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • I'm trying to do a Point & Click adventure game and wonder if there is a plugin that keep a list of items ordered that you can manipulate and retrieve.

Example:

Player picks a : Pen, scissors and paper in that order so i add in that inventory and is saved like:

--------------

Pen

Scissors

Paper

--------------

If the player give the scissors then Erase > Inventory.Scissors and the list saved will look like this:

--------------

Pen

Paper

--------------

If the player pick a mobile then Add > Inventory Mobile and will look like this:

--------------

Pen

Paper

Mobile

--------------

A plugin that manage and keep updated/ordered a list on you can add, delete and retrieve the elements.

So for the sprite.inventory on i have all the image items saved in different animations i clone it to 4 or the slots i want my game have for the inventory and set: "For each Sprite.InventorySlot -> Set animation to "inventory.name" . This will be so easy instead of fight again with arrays that i always end frustrated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi! i looked your request and i think for this you could use the vanilla dictionary instead.

So recently i was working in a series of plugins to power up my own projects and i made a wrap of a couple of vanilla plugins between them is a wrap of dictionary, which i modified so we can manipulate something i called "string list keys" that is nothing new, actually that is a new way to manage string keys, so you can trait a key like this "A,B,somehting else,C..." where character "," is a separator defining a list of elements, "A" "B" and so on, so you can add new items to that list at end or at its start, or retrive an item knowing its index, even remove items by index or value and occurency, this is a "shortcut" way to use the system function tokenat, with dictionary keys instead.

I hope this could help you

there is a link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

PD: sorry my bad english not my native language.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)