Here are two plugins to integrate the Ethereum Blockchain in your game.
Like in Web3, there are 2 ways to call most functions: synchronous or asynchronous (although some nodes like Metamask don't support synchronous calls).
To call a function synchronously:
- Just use the corresponding Expression or Action
To call a function asynchronously:
- Add the corresponding action, with a chosen callbackID parameter
- Add an OnCallback condition with the same callbackID
- Use Ethereum(or the EthereumContract).CurrentCallbackResponse to get the function's response
Contains most functions in the Web3 API (let me know if some useful ones are missing). Go to the page linked higher for a complete list and descriptions.
Facilitates communication with a smart contract. The contract's ABI and address are properties of the plugin, so an instance is created on the plugin's creation.
The main actions are:
- Call : Calls a constant function of the contract
- Send : Sends a transaction to the contract
There is a simple example project in the github project.
You can also look at this real life project that uses the plugin.
- Multiple contract addresses for the different networks
- Implement CallSuchFunctionAndWait actions to use asynchronous functions like if they were synchronous (in the meantime, you can use WaitForSignal to do that)
- Other improvements you will suggest