Code editor

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Hello

I am writing an implementation of ACE in construct

ACE is a code aditor (an input with syntax coloring to be brief)

You can follow the project on this Bitbucket repository or download the alpha plugin here

You can also test the result of the example project here (V1.0)

I upload it frequently

If you experience a bug : https://bitbucket.org/armaldio/c2-codebox/issues/new

Donate if you want to support me

• Here's a gift from one dev to another, if you want to finish it off all the power to you.

I'm not sure I have the time right now. Just note that the sdk doesn't handle dependencies that well, so some things like themes and some of the extra's are probably out of the question..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139 ... ns/ace.zip

• Hello,

will it be possible to write JS code directly in C2 and have access to all engine classes, methods etc? Something similar to unity script and the way scripting is implemented in unity? C2 event system is cool and fast, but unfortunatelly writing more complex logic is slow (perfomanse wise) and sometimes confusing. I know, there's C2 JS SDK, but it's a different story.

• Thank you Noncentz705, good work, but I want to make more advanced stuff ^^

Just note that the sdk doesn't handle dependencies that well, so some things like themes and some of the extra's are probably out of the question..

What do you want to say ?

I achieve to load and change the theme.

Hello,

will it be possible to write JS code directly in C2 and have access to all engine classes, methods etc? Something similar to unity script and the way scripting is implemented in unity? C2 event system is cool and fast, but unfortunatelly writing more complex logic is slow (perfomanse wise) and sometimes confusing. I know, there's C2 JS SDK, but it's a different story.

I don't know, this is not what I am writing right now ^^

• armaldio, that's why I've handed it to you, whatever though restart.

It would be convenient to be able to add a folder to the dependency key in edittime.js

As it is it auto loads any js files you add, which isn't the desired behavior in some cases and for files that like to require other files good luck

• Thank you

• Looks really neat, i'm looking forward to it, is there anything you can do with it in construct 2 right now?

• Thank you Wisdoms

Now you can :

• Switch languages
    • Switch themes
    • Set text
    • Get text
    • Get selected text

Please go here to see result

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can see that being useful for, let's say, mod writing or text-based level editing.

• I can see that being useful for, let's say, mod writing or text-based level editing.

Of course, good ideas D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)