Please do not adjust official plugins or behaviors

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Wouldn't it be ideal to inherit from the official plugins?

Don't know how this is handled in javascript though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So... I'm guilty here... but in my defense there wasn't much of an alternative - at least not that I can see.

...Construct 2 has good built-in physics.

...Yes, but at the same time... no.

physics support in construct 2 is limited when compared with box 2d. I need kinematic bodies and prismatic joints (basic and very much needed box2d functionality). I have been basically told that these features will probably not officially make it to construct 2. I edited the official behavior to expose this functionality. It took like 2 hours, and that was knowing nothing about behaviors and javascript. It works just fine and still does.

How else can I make this happen if not by altering the official physics behavior?

• Ruskul: make sure the physics edit you have done has a different id than the official physics plugin, a slightly different name, and that should be fine enough.

Also I do not know but, maybe with cocoonjs being depreciated, the need for the cocoonJS native physics engine would be less relevant

• Aphrodite: So it is okay to use them so long as they get renamed? That's okay then. I thought Ashely meant not to build off of them period. I understand why but I didn't know if what I had done was not the right answer for the problem.

I know others would disagree, but I would be happy to see cocoonJS go if it meant potentially getting more out of box2d in construct. But, as I am a pc only developer, I feel like my say is one sided.

Thanks

• Ruskul it is more a matter of not releasing publicly a slight update of an official plugin that everyone would use and which will, with time, not work as well as the official one, as long as it is for yourself, and that it does not conflict with the official one inside the editor itself, and that would add features that are said to be not added in the near future, that is fair in my opinion.

• Ashley

I can open projects saved in the previous version released today, but when trying to save them using the most current version, the generated c3p does not work.

• Ashley

vubidugil

I can open projects saved in the previous version released today, but when trying to save them using the most current version, the generated c3p does not work.

This is the C2 section and your post is both not relevant here and also a muli-post, having already been posted HERE.

Please do not do this.

• > Ashley

> vubidugil

>

> I can open projects saved in the previous version released today, but when trying to save them using the most current version, the generated c3p does not work.

>

This is the C2 section and your post is both not relevant here and also a muli-post, having already been posted HERE.

Please do not do this.

yes, I realized that I posted in the wrong place and deleted the message, but it was not removed. Strangely, I no longer have the "X" to delete again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)