Need help with a Shader - coordinate weirdness [2nd post]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I see now, I get the same glitched results. It's strange that the problem only occurs at a specific stack order.

But it's definitely a bug. Now I understand why one of my drop shadow shaders behaves weirdly when I change the opacity of an object or layer it's applied to. It's probably related to the problem you depicted in the other topic.

My guess is that it happens in C2's compositor. Maybe it can be an overlook caused by some kind of render optimization (?).

I have a very recent Nvidia card with up to date drivers, so there's only a very small chance of being a driver's bug.

• I see now, I get the same glitched results. It's strange that the problem only occurs at a specific stack order.

Well, I think it's not that much specific as "every following shader gets screwed" sort of thing.

But it's definitely a bug.

Amen to that! Finally someone gets it!

Now I understand why one of my drop shadow shaders behaves weirdly when I change the opacity of an object or layer it's applied to. It's probably related to the problem you depicted in the other topic.

Huh, you also have a drop shadow Shader? Or it hasn't been published?

My guess is that it happens in C2's compositor. Maybe it can be an overlook caused by some kind of render optimization (?).

I have a very recent Nvidia card with up to date drivers, so there's only a very small chance of being a driver's bug.

And I have tested on a very old and semi-old Nvidia cards. Now we just have to hope this does get considered a problem and not "standard behaviour" and gets fixed. Most of my pixel-friendly Shaders depend on it.

Edit: I would submit a bug report for both of these, but then the best way to show it is using my own Shaders so that might complicate things... Oh well, might just go ahead and do it (but probably tomorrow).

• Amen to that! Finally someone gets it!

I recommend posting a minimal repro capx as example if you find glitches like these, otherwise is hard for someone to know if it's really a bug. There's too much variables involved, and sometimes depending how it is setup it doesn't show up (like this time). I tested your shader and it worked as expected initially. But it needs a different stack order to manifest.

Huh, you also have a drop shadow Shader? Or it hasn't been published?

I have dozens of shaders that I did to myself but I never published (except for Alpha Threshold and old CC effects). Most of them still needs proper descriptions for parameters, some code clean up to remove commented junk, and proper usage examples. Like I said in another topic, I intend to publish them sometime but I never find the time to do it. Someday perhaps...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I recommend posting a minimal repro capx as example if you find glitches like these, otherwise is hard for someone to know if it's really a bug. There's too much variables involved, and sometimes depending how it is setup it doesn't show up (like this time). I tested your shader and it worked as expected initially. But it needs a different stack order to manifest.

As said above it will get a little tricky given the custom Shaders, but I guess Ashley will just have to install them. Will look into it.

I have dozens of shaders that I did to myself but I never published (except for Alpha Threshold and old CC effects). Most of them still needs proper descriptions for parameters, some code clean up to remove commented junk, and proper usage examples. Like I said in another topic, I intend to publish them sometime but I never find the time to do it. Someday perhaps...

You really should, people seem to like those things

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)