[Plugin]Board, Layout2Board [Behavior] Grid Move

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • AndreasR

You are welcome! See you next template~

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi rexrainbow

EDIT: Just found an example of yours for this Thank you!

Just a quick question. Do you have an example for "MiniBoard - Can Put" Condition?

I want to check if the whole miniboard (with its form and tiles) fits on the main board. If not, the game will end. I already have seen your "Miniboard - drag & rotate" template.

Thanks for that, it helped me a lot

Regards

Andy

• AndreasR

You are welcome. Mini-board is an interested topic. I hope you will like these plugins.

• AndreasR

You are welcome. Mini-board is an interested topic. I hope you will like these plugins.

Yes this plugin opened up some great opportunities for my next games & templates

I'll keep you posted and inform you when I'm done with them

Thank you once again!

Regards

Andy

• Hi rexrainbow, I was just wondering if you ever considered adding support for boards with trimetric projection?

• Hi rexrainbow

is there a way to add an action to set "force move" to yes or no?

At the moment it just can be set globally at the object settings.

Thank you!

• Update

rex_grid_move behavior: add "action: Enable force moving" to turn on or turn off "Force move" feature.

AndreasR

Here it is. Use that feature carefully, because that z index will be changed (slink) when z overlapping by rex_grid_move behavior and "Force move" --

LZ = "#" & chess.UID[/code:15ha9v7y]
    It is better to turn off "Force move" when LZ goes back.
  • faulknermano

Thanks for sharing this information. It will need a new plugin for this feature, now my squareTx plugin only supports dimetric ( isometric ) projections, which is bilateral symmetry.

• Update

rex_grid_move behavior: add "action: Enable force moving" to turn on or turn off "Force move" feature.

AndreasR

Here it is. Use that feature carefully, because that z index will be changed (slink) when z overlapping by rex_grid_move behavior and "Force move" --

LZ = "#" & chess.UID[/code:q4z9l45k]
    It is better to turn off "Force move" when LZ goes back.

Thank you very much, rexrainbow

• Here are new documents of board series plugins.

I will try to add some applications' document later.

• How to pick a chess, which was hitted by moving chess?

• bangoo

Assume that the moving chess is chessA

• if overlapped chess does not have the same LZ of chessA

Using board's "Condition:Is overlapping", see this document

• If the overlapped chess has the same LZ of chessA, i.e chessA will kick this overlapped chess out from board

Using Grid move bheavior's "Condition:On colliding begin", see the document

• Hey rexrainbow

Got a problem with the "Pick neighbor" condition.

I have a click event on a chess, that should mark all neighbors by creating a Sprite on them.

Tried pretty much everything I can think of, but the Sprite creation doesn't even trigger which means that the "Pick neighbor" condition results in no picked items.

Here is my project .capx, I hope it is visible what I'm trying to do and where the problem is.

If there are issues with it, just PM me.

Thanks.

Download .capx

• Hi randomly

rexrainbow might come in correct me on this, but I've compared your capx with his sample 'pick neighbors.capx' and this is what I found.

-picking neighbours is only possible with 'tiles', ie placed on LZ=0. I tested this by modifying the 'pick neighbors.capx' and populated the LZ=1 (ie as 'chess'; in Rex's Board terminology, anything LZ>0 is Chess and LZ=0 are Tiles), the Chess objects were _not_ picked. So this is consistent with your own capx.

-This makes the labelling 'pick neighbor chess' a bit misleading. It seems to actually mean 'pick neighbor tiles'

-Because of this you are unable to pick any neighbouring chess.

My suggestion is:

-Create the underlying Tiles array.

-Populate your Chess pieces normally.

-On touch with a Chess, query the tile underneath the chess

-Pick the neighbors of the tile

-Pick the chess pieces on top of the those picked tiles

-Generate your predict_kick sprite on those chess pieces

See this modified capx:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iawhh1trdfrmi ... .capx?dl=0

• randomly

Like faulknermano said, put tiles before putting chess. Valid cells are defined by 'tile' (z=0), i.e. user should put a tile (z=0) at a LXY position.

Here is my new document of board plugin, hope it will be more clear.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)