[plugin] Youtube player

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Very cool ; thanks again ...

• tuongtrante1

I had tried to get the link of youtube video directly before but failed.

If I got the link of video, I could play video by official video plugin, then draw the video image on canvas.

• rexrainbow

Why is that I can't get the cursor's coordinates if the cursor is hovering over the youtube player? The cursor's X,Y coordinates don't update if the cursor is moved over to the youtube player window. Is there any way to get the cursor's coordinates when the cursor is above the player?

And also. When I used the mouse object, and set the cursor image to a sprite, and when the cursor is right at the border of the youtube player, half the sprite overlaps the player( as the sprites midpoint is set at the pointer tip location. So half of the sprite is above pointer tip and other half below). But once the cursor goes fully into the player, it turns back into a pointer. I hope you understood what I meant. Maybe this can help in some way to get sprites to show over the youtube player.

• Pandy

1. Sorry, I failed to pass mouse/touch event to canvas.

2. Sprites are put in a canvas object, but youtube is another html element, it only can place in front of canvas, therefore all sprites can not put in front of youtube object.

• rexrainbow

[quote:1jvuhcqz]1. Sorry, I failed to pass mouse/touch event to canvas.

Does that mean it can be done? Or no matter what we can't get mouse coordinates if it's hovering over the player?

• Pandy

I did not find the solution on google.

• rexrainbow Ah, ok. No worries. You're doing an awesome job with your plugins and all. Thanks for all of it.

• rexrainbow

Hey, the Playback event - Video cued does not seem to fire. I put in some actions to test it and it does not work. For me at least. the video loads and plays and ends but the even for the event 'on playback event - video cued' does not seem to work.

And in load video, the set autoplay to no/yes also does not seem to work. I put load video and set autoplay to no, but it plays it anyway. Only the initial setting of no autoplay works. If I load a new video or create a new YT object and load video, the 'autoplay-no' does not work.

• rexrainbow

One more question, is it possible to prevent player from clicking the YouTube logo and send the browser to the youtube page?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Pandy

1. "Condition:On playback event" is fired from youtube api, "Video cued" will not fire if client does not get "onStateChange" and state = video cue.

I had tested it but could not find that event either.

2. I tested action load with auto-play=No in this capx, it worked fine. You might update this youtube plugin then try it.

( Use this tool to check the updating status of my plugins )

• Update

Add property "Modest branding". Set "Modest branding" to "Yes" to remove youtube logos.

Tuiii

Removing youtube logos (set "Modest branding" to "Yes") might prevent clicking the YouTube logo.

• Update

Add property "Modest branding". Set "Modest branding" to "Yes" to remove youtube logos.

Tuiii

Removing youtube logos (set "Modest branding" to "Yes") might prevent clicking the YouTube logo.

Didn't work

I set Modest branding to Yes but the logo and this little info button are still there:

It works when Show info is enabled, but again it would be possible to click the video info and go to the youtube page.

• Tuiii

"It works when Show info is enabled", right. I saw that result in my test.

Unfortunately there is no direct way to remove youtube logo -

In this reference, someone provided JULBUL to fully customize the skin of youtube. (it is not free)

• I see... Well, thanks anyway! Keep up the great work!

• rexrainbow

My android phonegap build fails to play the video. This is the error - The video contains content from WMG. It is restricted from playback on certain sites.

It works when I am previewing in browser and also under WebView of CocoonJS Developer app. However, the compiled app shows this error. Can you help?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)