[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • kentoy

> Im using Construct2 and set photon to Self hosted, and set address to my server xxxx.com:5055

5055 is UDP port by default. See doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/connection-and-authentication/tcp-and-udp-port-numbers

You need to conect to WebSocket (default 9090) or Secure WebSocket (default 19090) server endpoints. The latter also requires additional setup doc.photonengine.com/en-US/server/current/operations/websockets-ssl-setup

Thank you!

• patolinopateta

In case you want to create multiple rooms, specify different name for each room or pass empty string as a name to let the server automatically name the room with random GUID.

If you want to join the same room, create it in first client and join it in others.

The most convenient way to do so is using Join Room action with CreateIfNotExist option checked.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, how to move multiple same objects one by one? it seams that only one can pick and share the position.

• I found out that the plugin in Construct3 works as charm but it is incompatible with the worker. If you deactivate worker it goes fine.

• Hi, please tell me, a game made with your free server

Will be deleted after a while

How can I not involve players more than once in one round??

• savvito123

Hello, how to move multiple same objects one by one? it seams that only one can pick and share the position.

You need a parameter in Photon event, uniquely identifying an object. Having this parameter on receiving side, you can find the object and apply new values to it.

• kingpirux

I found out that the plugin in Construct3 works as charm but it is incompatible with the worker. If you deactivate worker it goes fine.

What do you do exactly? What's in your logs? Can you provide a repro project, preferably modified demo from Photon plugin package.

• lionfaI_RANI

> Hi, please tell me, a game made with your free server

> Will be deleted after a while

> How can I not involve players more than once in one round??

You can specify how long a room exists after the last player left it with "Set empty room live time" action.

A player can rejoin the same room with the same player id if "Rejoin" option of "Join Room" action is chosen.

"Set suspended live time" action sets the time during which the player can rejoin after leaving the room.

• Hello, need your lights for a card game.

What is the structure for a 4 players game each one in each side,but my player in my screen showing always at bottom side.

Like 4 people playing cards in a table and each one see his cards and the others to the left top right.

• Hi savvito123

Is this question relevant to Photon plugin? If not, please post to appropriate forum.

• Hi savvito123

Is this question relevant to Photon plugin? If not, please post to appropriate forum.

Its about Photon share position.

In a few words, i have an object at 200,200 and i move it to 50,50 at my screen, i want to the others screen to move from other position.

I was looking for an answer but Im close to find the answer by rotating the layers.

• savvito123

I was looking for an answer but Im close to find the answer by rotating the layers.

Yes, the objects positions on the table are the same on all clients. But each client can look at the board from a different angle.

• kingpirux

> I found out that the plugin in Construct3 works as charm but it is incompatible with the worker. If you deactivate worker it goes fine.

What do you do exactly? What's in your logs? Can you provide a repro project, preferably modified demo from Photon plugin package.

just used the pool demo of the plugin, if the worker is active in construct3 the game will hang. Also if the first layout tryes to login to photon and there is an error on the photon start, for example no app-id, the entire game may not start, is like if construct stops right there waiting for something...

• kingpirux

Please answer my questions when you have time.

• Hey, I have a small question considering preventing/working around delays and hitting bullets etc.

Currently, my project works as following:

1. Player 1 shoots on his game version, sending P2 an event with the shoot command.
    2. Player 2 then receives that shoot command and makes Player 1 also shoot on his version.

The problem currently is, that due to delay or ping issues, it often happens that you hit your enemy on your screen, but it won't hit the enemy on his version.

Is there any workaround for that that won't break the game-flow too much?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)