[PLUGIN] Magicam for C2(Alpha 6.5 1/8/14)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Here's an incredibly rough clone of what I'm using, the duplicate events are there for customizing if you want different lags on jumps and falls independently, at the moment all direction changes are the same, and you can change the "0.3 seconds" to adjust how much lag (faster reflexes) is there before the "camera operator" catches up with you. It basically adds a more human feel to the camera, since a real operator wouldn't know when you would change direction, but would be able to track you if you continued at a steady pace: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f825i1vxzwcs ... .capx?dl=0

• How do I deactivate the camera on different layouts? It screws up menus with it being on, especially on scaled cameras. How do I destroy a camera and return to using scrollto for menus?

• Zebbi are you using global cameras? Local cameras will only work inside the layout they're created on, which sounds like what you need.

• Zebbi are you using global cameras? Local cameras will only work inside the layout they're created on, which sounds like what you need.

linkman2004 Yea, I'm using a local camera, that's the confusing part. Do I need to disable it somehow? I've tried most of the settings, I can't use scrollx on another layout if I've been to a layout that use magicam before-hand, and it doesn't set the scaling back when I change layouts.

• linkman2004 These are the settings I use, and when I switch layouts, it's still scaled (zoomed in) and when I use scrollx, it just jumps back, as if magicam is locking the scroll?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Zebbi I have some ideas about what's causing this and I'll have a look later today, see if I can get it patched up.

• Zebbi I have some ideas about what's causing this and I'll have a look later today, see if I can get it patched up.

Wow, thanks so much if you can, this has been driving me crazy all day!

linkman2004 is it a bug with MagiCam or is there a workaround?

• Out of interest, what is the performance of Magicam like in compared to scrollto? It seems great to me, but for use on things like mobile how does it technically compare?

• Zebbi MagiCam is certainly doing more work than scrollto, but it's nothing overly complex, and is almost certainly faster than implementing the same features in events, so I wouldn't expect any performance issues.

• Zebbi MagiCam is certainly doing more work than scrollto, but it's nothing overly complex, and is almost certainly faster than implementing the same features in events, so I wouldn't expect any performance issues.

That's excellent, just what I was hoping! One other question was, does Magicam have a way stabilising scrolling, essentially? For instance, if the player object was a bit jerky or shaking due to terrain or some other movement related reason, does/could Magicam have a way of ignoring he tiny motions and just smoothing over the scroll?

• Zebbi setting a higher lag value would help to smooth that out, but there's otherwise no specific way to compensate for small object movements. That said, it's an interesting thought -- I could see the use in dynamically setting lag on a curve based on how far an object has moved.

So that's something I'll consider for the next version(when or if that happens), but until then you could probably achieve a similar effect with events. I'll see if I can rig something up.

• Zebbi setting a higher lag value would help to smooth that out, but there's otherwise no specific way to compensate for small object movements. That said, it's an interesting thought -- I could see the use in dynamically setting lag on a curve based on how far an object has moved.

So that's something I'll consider for the next version(when or if that happens), but until then you could probably achieve a similar effect with events. I'll see if I can rig something up.

That would be extremely useful if you could, I'd really appreciate any ideas for events that would simulate this. I've tried a little with not much success!

• Hi,

Is there a way to have "shaking layers"?

For example, if a bomb explodes with a strength 50 shaking for a duration de 1 second, and if another event starts a strength 20 shaking for 0.3s during the bomb explosion, the bomb shaking immediately stops and the small shaking overrides the bomb one. Any way to have the big ones overriding the smaller ones, but when they finish, the other shakings occurring at the same time continue ?

• Hi,

Is there a way to have "shaking layers"?

For example, if a bomb explodes with a strength 50 shaking for a duration de 1 second, and if another event starts a strength 20 shaking for 0.3s during the bomb explosion, the bomb shaking immediately stops and the small shaking overrides the bomb one. Any way to have the big ones overriding the smaller ones, but when they finish, the other shakings occurring at the same time continue ?

I think magicam works on the layout viewport rather than the layers, so perhaps a different method would be best?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)