This is my Photon Cloud plugin, a simple plugin that I made for a small multiplayer game that I will play with my friends.
"Photon Cloud is a fully managed service of Photon Servers. Exit Games is running servers in several regions, ready to use anytime. No install and no hosting operations for you.
The Photon Cloud uses a room-based approach to gaming: A limited number of players get together and update each other with in-game data like positions, etc. All of that is client-driven. Currently, the Photon Cloud does not allow any custom server logic. The client APIs offer simple but powerful options for matchmaking and data exchange for real-time gameplay."
more: Understanding Photon Cloud.
How to test it:
1. Download my photoncloud plugin and install it.
2. Get the PhotonCloudDPluginTest.capx and open it with Construct2.
3. Export the project as a HTML5 website without minifying the script (preview will give you an error).
4. Open with your browser and test it.
<img src="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8377/ctgt.png" border="0">
Yes, this demo is not a game, multiplayer games are definitely advanced things.
5. Please, get an account with ExitGames for a personal 'Aplication ID'. It is free and offers 20 concurrent users.
Change the appId value in the 'runtime.js' file in the folder of the photon plugin installed.
( with a Text Editor find the line 53: var appId = "your appId here"; )
Optionally you can replace the default masterAddress with your nearest PhotonMasterServer.
6. You are ready. Try developing a multiplayer game.
<font face="Courier New, Courier, mono"><font size="2">
ACTIONS CONDITIONS EXPRESSIONS
On connected, On error ClientError
Set name On room list update RoomPropsList
New Game On join room MyPlayerIDinRoom
On player join PlayerJoinedID, PlayerJoinedName
Quit Game On player leave PlayerRetiredID, PlayerRetiredName
Send message by event On message by event LastMessageBy, LastSenderIDby
I hope to provide useful descriptions, english is not my first language. Any correction is welcome.
It seems that PhotonCloud now is called PhotonRealtime...