[DEPRECATED] [PLUGIN] Translate your game !

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Implement multi-language translation inside your game effortlessly with the language.translate plugin!
  • Yep, that works. Good call.

• Hello,

unfortunately, the plugin don't work on mobile. The texts are replaced by : "(missing traduction for undefined )"...

Have you an issue please ?

Thanks

• There is nothing that can interfer on mobile, the code should work the same.

Is it working on the browser ?

• I can reproduce his error if I don't add the file "translation.lang" to my project

• MadSpy But can you make it working on mobile?

• armaldio when I export to html5 and run on phone via chrome for android, the test app works as intended

• Hi guys, with this link, you will be able to test the app on android mobile : drive.google.com/open

(I exported your example capx file to cordova and compiled project with Intel XDK...)

Please replace the three points in the URL by : "hk4Zo8cMzhiU"

Thanks for help

• I don't know what you've done.

This is my apk, exported to cordova (no minification !) then built with XDK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6v7drgqxqccw ... 3.apk?dl=0

Fully working, the only solution i can offer you is to NOT minificate, if you do. I unfortunately have no other idea :/

• armaldio

Thanks a lot ! Now it works good !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • armaldio great plugin.

If I may make a request, one feature I would like to see added is the ability to automatically change the language based on the browser language.

For instance if someone doesn't want to add a language select to the game, the game should automatically pick the language of the browser.

I can program this inside Construct 2 using (if browser language = "es" then Translate set language to "es_ES"), but the problem is that some browsers return "es" for spanish and some other browsers "es-ES" and maybe others will use "es_ES", so I have to cover at least 3 possibilities now for each language.

This would also be great because if publishers need to add more translations to the game then they would just need to edit the json file without having to mess with the code.

• Xavier , you could test the following:

• change in translation.lang supported language in a variable with only 2 characters (example: "en_US" become "en")
    • set language to the 2 characters from left of browser language value (in lowercase)
  • Xavier , you could test the following:

- change in translation.lang supported language in a variable with only 2 characters (example: "en_US" become "en")

- set language to the 2 characters from left of browser language value (in lowercase)

I'll keep it in mind for the future, thanks.

• Hi

This is a great plugin.

Just one request:

It would be great to have the possibility to check if a word exists in the json file or not....

Thanks

• Hey webstan

As you can see on the github, this plugin is deprecated.

I made a new one, more powerfull that you can find here.

https://github.com/armaldio/c2-project-translate

Can you please open an issue to keep track of your suggestion ?

(this way I will not forget ;p)

• armaldio This can works for Point & Click adventures? i have in mind do something for a jam and my idea was use .xml but a bit confusing and looking alternatives found your plugin.

My idea is import the dialogs files to C2 like:

English.txt, German.txt, etc...

(In events set wich one use by user input.)

Then for objects in the scene the sprite have an instance variable called "Object name" with:

[home_clock]

So, when i set one of the action+Object name = read the dialog file with things like this:

[Object instance]

Name

Look

Use

Pick

Open

close

Give

Push

Talk

That in this case will be:

[home_clock]

Clock

Its $time

Can't be used

Can't be picked

Can't be opened

Can't be closed

Can't be given

Can't be pushed

Can't talk with it

Can your plugin do this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)