It breaks my heart that I don't have time to update this behavior... I have many features planned for this, including:
- strafing - moving sideways
- dead reckoning - returns the coordinates of where you'll be X miliseconds from now or where you were X miliseconds ago
- multiple engines - you can have multiple engines with varying degrees of power in different locations with different angles
- NPC - a version that can be automated and doesn't rely on key presses
- Thrust [to/through] coordinate - Make the npc fly to/through a coordinate
...all working in partial states in different construct versions. I wish I could say "I'm going to implement them all soon and there will be a big update!" but that's just not true. I'm stuck with humongous projects and if my life continues in it's current path (which I hope it does), I'll be busy for the next 2 years at least!
I love developing plugins for construct 2, and I even had some stuff relating to stream loading tile-based maps from a remote server, inventory management, and was working on a multi-level variable parser plugin with jquery syntax (example: object.vars("status.attributes.health")), but then the market exploded with requests for consulting and projects, and a construct update broke nearly everything I had. It's probably trivial to fix, but alas there is no time.
Meanwhile, my huge gigantic ambitious project (that is my inspiration for developing those plugins) is on hiatus due to multiplayer not supporting UDP (yet) and my complete lack of free time.
In any case, thanks for all the feedback guys! I hope I can squeeze some time eventually to at least fix the bugs! It's nice to see people still derive value from my work!