Mesh distortion

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
mesh 3D objects "hemisphere, oval, tunnel and other various shapes."
  • Heres what happens if you give the particles a physics movement, then apply springs between the particles, and then render a mesh to where those particles are

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... quares.zip

And thanks everyone for the examples so far! I'll see what I can do. Bone movement....hmmmm....

• Wow! That looks crazy awesome. Would the soft-bodies work with other shapes, or just squares?

• Drasa: beautiful! Great mesh!

David: disgustingly brilliant

• AAARGH DDDD

I laughed my head off when I saw your meat squares! They are great X). I can't wait to make some myself. And of course, spined tentacles too ;D.

Maybe Scirra's next physics tech demo is going to be named "slaughterhouse.cap"...

• Drasa - Awesome! Any chance of a way to set how many control points there are?

David - Wow! Are springs currently implemented somewhere, or are they in the next version?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Arima: Yes, the "spine" is a bezier curve, and bezier curves can have many control points, however, there is seldom more than two besides of the starting and ending point, because that takes a lot of computing power (well, it's not noticeable with just one curve, but if you have a CAD program with thousands of them)... However, you could append many curves to a spline. I'll make a curve with two control points and then check if I can make a spline.

Well. I got carried away and did this meanwhile. Now I made a mesh, whose every corner is movable and every side is modifiable by one control point.

Note the last event! At first it was like this, and FPS was like shit:

System: 3 For each Point 0 
    System: 3 For each CurveR 0 
    System: 3 For each CurveL 0 
    Point: 8 Value 'a' Equal to CurveR 0 .Value('a')
    Point: 8 Value 'a' Equal to CurveL0 .Value('a')

Actions...

[/code:kjeaaxe1]

Then I changed it to this, and FPS magically jumped to ~70, as the number of processed loops reduced:

System: 3 For each Point 0 
    System: 3 For each CurveR 0 
    Point: 8 Value 'a' Equal to CurveR 0 .Value('a')
    System: 3 For each CurveL 0 
    Point: 8 Value 'a' Equal to CurveL 0 .Value('a')

Actions...

[/code:kjeaaxe1]

With one spline (and double nested loop), the FPS was ~130. So, triple nested loops really challenge the CPU

• Made bezier curve with two control points. Apparently, the "System: 3 For each Point 0 " loop was unnecessary, so it removed, spine2.cap runs at 144FPS and this spine3.cap runs at 270FPS.

• Hey! I got this idea from that Aquaria trailer and Arimas post about bones! I used a bezier as a "spine" for the mesh. I think that this effect is very useful for, trees waving in wind, tentacles, springs and such. What do you think?

That's way cool

Heres what happens if you give the particles a physics movement, then apply springs between the particles, and then render a mesh to where those particles are

Whoa

This thread is amazing. You just invented the blob I was trying to make a while ago, except square. And meaty. Will you share the source for this when the mesh object is released?

Edit:

I meant to post about this before, but now is as good a time as any I guess. When dragging the window, the physics breaks. It's like it's adding force to all objects or something. When I do it on the meat cubes, they collapse and fold all over themselves.

• WOW! Many impressive things here!

• Thanks Drasa! That's exactly what I wanted!

And it definitely runs better - I even can get 85fps on my p3 600!

• Wow, impressive stuff:D You should rename this thread to; The mad scientists club

• http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... =bendy.zip

That beizer curve thing but now with the mesh over the top!

• Looks like I got to the party late! This thing is brilliant, I can think of so many uses already. I always wondered if this kinda thing was possible, with the sprites being drawn on flat planes.

David, those squidgy blocks especially, they rule so much! And look kinda disgusting.

• those squidgy blocks especially, they rule so much! And look kinda disgusting.

scirra.com: meat squares in motion

• fileshack.us/get_file.php

That beizer curve thing but now with the mesh over the top!

Yay! Btw, when does the new build come out? It has been already nearly month since last build. Does it also have the Plasma object?

Ashley: Thanks a lot for the lerp() function! My head would have already exploded with that cubic bezier without that linear interpolation function ;). Maybe you could still add qarp() (quadratic interpolation: lerp(lerp(A, B, x), lerp(B, C, x), x), that's useful for smooth curves. People could make smoothly curving paths etc. without math.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)