A vertical shooter (un-named) *Updated*

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Make your own spaceship game with this fully customizable set.
  • I diden't know that, and that looks great, I've already made my afterburner effect, but I'll definatly look into it.

Current progress:

• Powerups created
    • Enemy added + 1 type of basic AI
    • Explosion effects
    • Animations for afterburners
    • Weapon types

And some other small things, I really need to work on the background to the levels, but I'm avoiding it because its going to be challenging for me.

[Edit] Decided to try using google maps as a background, to make a realistic looking background for the game

• EXE Demo File added Check first post

• Nice game,

I like the idea to use the google maps as background, gameplay is not bad, but you should work a little better at balancing

Looks like that the power up's are random and not at score, a counter (global) that count how many enemy's you have shoot down shall be more realistic to deserve a powerup that give you 200% fire power.

Don't see it as negative, I only wanna give you some support, you're game is in my Construct Favorite Demo's, and there are only a few in that folder, the only ones I play when It's alsmost global('bedtime') + (2 hours and a few more)

Keep up the good work

• Thanks very much, I'm putting a lot of time into this game, its also my first. I haven't really done any balancing, atall. I just set the spawns to test my timing system as I've never used it before, and also to test formation spawns.

I think the score idea could be a good thing, only allow the object to random spawn when the score is at X amount, make it a bit more challenging. I'll attempt to add that in today, should be simple. (just activate group at score equal to...)

Thanks very much for the feedback, its great stuff and very helpfull. I hope I can produce a game that you enjoy.

• Background looks cool, but it makes bullets hard to see, good luck

• Background looks cool, but it makes bullets hard to see, good luck

Yeh I'm finding it hard to get a decent colour for them, even though there hard to see I've got to the end of my 5 minute level, I'll look into finding an alternative image or colour, thanks for the feedback.

• [quote:qzxnb217]Noga wrote:

Background looks cool, but it makes bullets hard to see, good luck

Yeh I'm finding it hard to get a decent colour for them, even though there hard to see I've got to the end of my 5 minute level, I'll look into finding an alternative image or colour, thanks for the feedback.

You can make it maybe darker to set the WebWhiteFilter to black and Opacity to 60% or something, its easy to do in the Common Properties of the Background Image.

Goodluck

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Get daz3d http://www.daz3d.com you can import 3d models and objects and you can animate them with daz3d and export the animated sequence as separate png files.This is the easiest program ive worked with so far.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)