monster universe

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Motion Universe Pt. 2
  • i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.

im no good at art so cant make my own graphics.

what do you recon

what you have here my friend, is the post of the year.

use ripped sprites if you really have to, but theres no use in saying you cant do something if you dont really try. im sure your game is good for a beginner's, but take what you have learned and apply it to something new, im sure there are games youve played and enjoyed in the past, why not model it after them? maybe you like megaman, so make a platforming shooter, maybe you like shootem ups, so make one of those, think. dont say that you cant do something. im sure you have great ideas, find a way to make them a reality, try your hand at graphics and dont say (i cant do it.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.

>

>

what you have here my friend, is the post of the year.

use ripped sprites if you really have to, but theres no use in saying you cant do something if you dont really try. im sure your game is good for a beginner's, but take what you have learned and apply it to something new, im sure there are games youve played and enjoyed in the past, why not model it after them? maybe you like megaman, so make a platforming shooter, maybe you like shootem ups, so make one of those, think. dont say that you cant do something. im sure you have great ideas, find a way to make them a reality, try your hand at graphics and dont say (i cant do it.)

And besides there is fucking bilions-trilions-zilions free gfx recourses on the net!

Win. Please someone sticky this. It SERIOUSLY made my day.

• > i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.

>

Win. Please someone sticky this. It SERIOUSLY made my day.

Just stop taking a piss out of thisss ><'

• Whether you like someone or not, doesn't mean you should deny yourself the knowledge you'll gain from his tutorials. I wasn't too interested in writing a platformer but I learned a load of things from his tuts that will serve me for other projects.

• what the fuck i have autism so im not the most best at making games but then your all taking the piss just like if spelt something wrong you say this-

wherb do i get it.

but i ment where do i get it you horrible people say wherb wtf.

your all as horible as each other i thought we where getting somwwhere with people helping me out then you just take the piss.

fuck you alll im leaving

Be advised: you just signed up as a new member and said you don't like a well-respected member. Wise move?

Anyways, thread locked. Everyone chill out! I've had a look, and it seems that everyone has given mostly constructive advice so far. I hope you don't take that the wrong way: you could gain a lot from a tutorial, even if it's a different genre to the game you want to make. Also, you will probably get more respect for your game if you don't use the tutorial graphics - even if they're from a free graphics website, a library you paid for, or if someone else drew them. Still, keep it up - noone never got anywhere without trying!

• Wow

jordandavey, if I offended you in some way then I apologize. I was simply speaking plainly and bluntly. But... I meant every word. You should take the knowledge you've learned and create your own game.

Listen to the other members here, and take their advice: Simply making a clone of someone else's game is not a good idea. The tutorials and templates are there for learning purposes, they're not meant to be a basis for your own game.

Keep learning Construct, and try developing your own ideas. I guarantee you will be more satisfied with the results, and others will be much more enthusiastic about your work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)