1.Performance is ok but can be optimised
2.Gfx is good , but the forest needs more variety ie more plants different trees.
3.I also vote for the arrow keys instead off wasd keys
4.Music is on par for this game.
5.More effects ,when running the wolf should kick up some dust or leaves.
I dont know if anyone else has this problem ,but sound fx does not seem to work on my laptop when playing classic construct games.
1) Definitely. I'm pretty sure it's GPU heavy rather than CPU heavy, but if anyone could confirm this that would be ace.
2) Yes, that's another thing I should have mentioned in the OP. I'm leaving the little details to the end. If people tell me the level is too short; too long; some parts are too simple or difficult; there's not enough of... whatever, then as it stands I can easily re-arrange the layout, add more, fill out certain areas etc. Once I'm happy with the layout and have all the mechanics working as intended I'll be adding ferns, plants for colour, shrubs and small trees, hanging plants and ivy for the cliffs (which look really plain and repetitive atm). So that's definitely coming!
3) Noted <img src="smileys/smiley1.gif" border="0" align="middle" />
4) Not sure if that's good or bad <img src="smileys/smiley17.gif" border="0" align="middle" />
5) I've been thinking about this too. It's related to number 2 in that I want to get the mechanics and layout nailed before adding the little cosmetic touches. I would love grass and water kick-up effects at least, but I'll have to see how far I can push these effects based on how intensive the game is when it's complete.
Thanks for your feedback! Oh, and sound effects aren't in the game yet, which is why you aren't hearing anything <img src="smileys/smiley1.gif" border="0" align="middle" />