Need help with memory game

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Yes of course!!.Thanks newt.I will let the animation play to a empty frame.Newt your'e a genius thank you.

• This was a fun Match Game demo

But while it is a very good example I am a little confused on how it works. How can I add pictures to the bottom of the Cards?

It looks like it is in the Star of layout/For each element section but after that I am at a loss.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • But while it is a very good example I am a little confused on how it works. How can I add pictures to the bottom of the Cards?

All the pictures for the cards are simply frames of the card sprite. The back of the card is the first frame.

• Duh! I missed that.

Thanks PixelRebirth

• Hi there,

I would like to ask another question about how this works.

In "Start of Layout" Event No. 4 it says

Event: For "Addkeys" from 1 to (Array.SizeX*Array.SizeY) 2

action : HashTable: Insert key str(LoopIndex+1) with value 0

What does that exactly do?

I am trying to modify it, so the pairs, which are already correct dissolve instead of just staying there, but to no success yet.

So I am trying to find out, what each line in the Event sheet is doing exactly.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Manuela

• Hi there,

I would like to ask another question about how this works.

In "Start of Layout" Event No. 4 it says

Event: For "Addkeys" from 1 to (Array.SizeX*Array.SizeY) 2

action : HashTable: Insert key str(LoopIndex+1) with value 0

What does that exactly do?

I am trying to modify it, so the pairs, which are already correct dissolve instead of just staying there, but to no success yet.

So I am trying to find out, what each line in the Event sheet is doing exactly.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Manuela

This event is a loop inserting keys into a hashtable for every unique card image. That's why it's calculated from the multiplied Array X and y Size and then divided by 2, since we are dealing with pairs.

The hashtable is then used to check if there are already two cards of the same picture present for startup randomization.

• Hm,

thanks for all the help on such a game done in Construct.

Can anyone tell me how to make the cards, which have been picked correctly invisible? I tried moving to back, destroy or play an empty animation file. All I achieved was, that only only the last picked card went invisible :/

That would be awesome!

Thanks,

Keyleigh

• Here is my attempt.The cards are getting destroyed now if the right colors are picked.I did not use arrays etc for this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7658043/CardsMem2.cap

• And here is the new and improved memory card game.Almost like that old klik and play memory game, I added pictures now and the cards gets destroyed.Added a scoring system too.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7658043/CardMem2.1.cap

• Hm,

thanks for all the help on such a game done in Construct.

Can anyone tell me how to make the cards, which have been picked correctly invisible? I tried moving to back, destroy or play an empty animation file. All I achieved was, that only only the last picked card went invisible :/

That would be awesome!

Thanks,

Keyleigh

Didn't test DravenX's example, so you might as well try that. For the older example I did, you can pick correctly matched cards with an inverted overlap condition of the Card sprite with the family blue.

• [quote:q3gnorzy]For the older example I did, you can pick correctly matched cards with an inverted overlap condition of the Card sprite with the family blue.

PixelRebirth Could you please create a cap file.I want to see how you did it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)