Move object with xbox 360 controller

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • adriel0000

Please take the following as advice, not an attack on you personally:

If you feel something is complex to explain and asking for help, upload a cap or draw a diagram in paint. The issue you are having sounds simple and, unless you are doing something wrong, should be fairly straight forward (easy), even for a beginner.

Asking other members to make everything for you will likely end up getting you less help in future. Most people here don't mind helping, just show you are learning by trying to solve the problem a little yourself first. We understand what it's like to be using Construct for the first time, and are more than happy to assist most of the time.

Uploading your cap file will help us understand you far easier as well, and if often the best way to get proper assistance with your problem(s). Demanding people do things will also be looked at unfavorably, as we are often busy with our own projects and have (sometimes) better/more important issues to address. Again, this is not designed to attack you in any way, it's just common practice around here :)

Welcome to the forums, by the way :) Nice to meet you.

~Sol

• Okay, I simulated the level of my game, the errors are:

• Player 2 has gravity, but does not collide with the platforms.
    • Player 2 when it collided with the sprite "BarraMuerte" player 2 does not reappear in the desired positions
    • When player 2 moves left, moves slightly downward ...

Download Example: mediafire.com

Help, please!

• I'm not sure if you want to use the Physics behavior here, however:

-Because the Player 2 object has the physics behavior, the platforms must have the physics behavior to collide as well (and must be set as immovable and non-rotating)

-This is fixed with a work-around where physics is disabled, the object moved, and then physics is enabled again

-Move at exactly 180 degrees to move left

Here's the cap: Ejemplo fixed

• Huau, gracias, muchas gracias. Sin embargo el movimiento del jugador 2 queda un poco irealista comparado con el del player 1, sabe usted como mejorarlo?

• Sorry adriel0000 I do not speak spanish, only English and a tiny bit of French.

Here's what Google Translate has to say: Wow, thank you, thank you very much. However player movement i 2 is a bit unrealistic compared to that of player 1, you know how to improve it?

An easy way would be to remove physics behaviors entirely and just use the platform movement for the player 2 object. You can still set X and Y components of motion and add jumping while using a 360 controller, you just need to do it from events.

Would you like an example of that?

• Sorry, I'm Spanish and I use the google translator and accidentally did not put the translation.

I meant this:

How I can make the "Player 2" moves like the "player 1"? Esque when I move, the "Player 2" has a very sharp movement and can not be controlled well.

Thanks for your help :)

• Hi adriel0000, it looks like your best method would be to replace the Physics behavior of Player 2 with the platform behavior.

• But if I replace the "Physics" by the behavior "Platforms" I can not add controls on a command XBOX360

• adriel0000 Here, I've created another example file: Ejemplo2

• Oh, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oops, I found one last problem that I have not managed to solve:

Player 2 can jump as many times as you want while in the air giving you the ability to fly

• Add the condition "Is on Ground" to the jump event, it's under Jugador2 tab "PlatformMovement"

• Oh, thank you very much, I've been very helpful, Thanks

• No problem adriel0000! If you're looking for a guide on Construct Classic I've also written a book here: http://www.packtpub.com/scirra-construct-game-development-beginners-guide/book

• No thanks xD. I am Spanish, and not much English

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)