Infinite scrolling all directions

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Character Sprite Pack: Walk 4 Directions made in illustrator
  • You can make an object bank by having a separate layout and keep all the objects you will create in the runtime in that layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for all of the replies. I really appreciate how quick answers are around here!

I like Aeal's idea of an object bank on a separate layout, that's actually the way I have started to do things. While I'd prefer an object bank as well, its not a big deal to me, as long as there is a way to organize things (separate layout) and a way to destroy them (destroy on startup) then I'm happy.

Deadeye, that's a great idea on the global variables! I will do some playing around with that. I'll have to do it for every movable object/sprite currently on the layout at the time, but that shouldn't be too bad with a For Each on each object type.

I don't know if people realize how amazing Construct really is. I've been trying to implement this game in python/pygame and after about 3 months I quit....it was too ambitious of a project and just tedious. It still might be too ambitious, but I'm already at the same place with just a week of work.

• the offscreen object is a really common pattern in graphical applications.

I agree it's not really "clean" but... even Windows does it (putting text fields outside of a form to store stuff).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)