Changing colour of specific words in a string

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • I was wondering can the text object change colours of particular line of text?

This is what I mean.

string is:

"Enter" + NewLine + "Exit"

Then it should be:

<font color=blue>Enter

Exit</font>

If I were to use text object I could change the colour of all text to red. However, I do not know how to change the colour of 1 line or a section of the string to red (or any other colour)

If I could change the colour of particular text it would look something like:

<font color=red>Enter</font>

<font color=green>Exit</font>

Is there actually some kind of tags (like in html/css) that I could add into the string to modify the colours? Or is the text of the text object is just a long line of string?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is one string, colored once.

You could create several instances of a text object, one for every line of text and set the text and the color seperately. You could pick the right text line by using a pv set to the line number of that text line.

• So in other words doing:

<color=red>Enter</color>

<color=green>Exit</color>

will not work. I in fact have to create multiple text objects to create the effect that I want. Well this makes it a bit difficult.

• Oh actually If there was an easy way to do it It would have helped me a lot on my project too. Beceause on my project I give player a text. Than I want player to write it fast. If he writes a letter wrong than change that letter's color to red if its true change color to green. It would be perfect.

• So in other words doing:

<color=red>Enter</color>

<color=green>Exit</color>

will not work. I in fact have to create multiple text objects to create the effect that I want. Well this makes it a bit difficult.

There is an HTML object, if you feel like toying around with that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)