A Better Understanding of Platform Behaviour

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • I tried your numbers and they work great, I just had to double them because I'm doing everything 2x as large. I'm still not sure how to get sliding working though. That one is definitely kicking my $$

• Ok so this is somewhat unrelated to the platforming mentioned in the title, but it's part of the same project, I have an object that performs certain behaviours that are timed with delays when the player has entered LOS, yet, when there are 2 instances of that object on screen, if only one has LOS, it will perform actions such as frame changing and msgbox by itself, yet other actions, such as setting horizontal speed or spawning objects get performed by all the instances...help? Is this some kind of picking error? Or does the delay plugin screw up the way construct performs certain actions?

• Ok so this is somewhat unrelated to the platforming mentioned in the title, but it's part of the same project, I have an object that performs certain behaviours that are timed with delays when the player has entered LOS, yet, when there are 2 instances of that object on screen, if only one has LOS, it will perform actions such as frame changing and msgbox by itself, yet other actions, such as setting horizontal speed or spawning objects get performed by all the instances...help? Is this some kind of picking error? Or does the delay plugin screw up the way construct performs certain actions?

Try putting the LOS actions in a for-each-object loop and select the enemy/object-with-LOS as the object. Not sure if this works all the time though, as LOS behaviour has been pretty buggy in my case

• Already been there and done that I'm afraid, I'm almost positive it's the wait object throwing off the picking. I'm thinking of maybe having a private variable for the object that acts as a count down timer instead. More work for me but hopefully less buggy.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I want to use TimeDelta to subtract from a private variable as a timer, what is the best way to impliment this?

Nvm, solved it myself, if I use Always and then subtract an amount * timedelta it seems to work

• Already been there and done that I'm afraid, I'm almost positive it's the wait object throwing off the picking. I'm thinking of maybe having a private variable for the object that acts as a count down timer instead. More work for me but hopefully less buggy.

Yes. I submitted a bug report a while back for that. The wait command messes up picking.

edit:

I know the comment is 3 months old, but I found a typo...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)