Wiimote plugin: the second coming

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
1 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • OMG it's back!

I'm gonna try it tomorrow, first thing in the morning!

• IT WORKS! HAHA!

• Give some feedback then! Right now I'm not very happy how rough IR pointing is and accelerometer values could be smoother (but smoothing them can also make it feel unresponsive). I'll release an update this weekend.

• raw IR pointing data is always rough.... maybe include some adjustable smoothing code?

• New version 1.02

Updated to Wiiyourself API 1.15RC2. New feature in this version is Balance board support. Theoretical support, since I don't have one to test with.

With BB use the plugin as with a remote. Optionally you can check with the "Is balance board" condition if BB is present. To pair BB with your bluetooth adapter, press the button inside the battery compartment.

New ACEs, all BB related:

== Actions ==

Reset weight calibration (recalibrate BB at rest)

== Conditions ==

Is balance board (checks if this remote is actually a BB)

== Expressions ==

Total weight (in KG)

Top left weight

Top right weight

Bottom left weight

Bottom right weight

• You, sir, may have just made the most useful third party plugin I have seen yet. Construct should distribute with this.

D/ling now, will give feedback.

My two sense on the raw data: try to make this plugin nothing more than an interface to the Wiimote. if the Wiimote returns rough data, then pass back unadultered rough data. Let it be a limitation of the Wiimote, not an issue with your plugin. And if you must provide some method to smooth it, also provide some way to turn it off

EDIT: My vote is for one object that manages all plugins, then I can dynamically modify things to multiple controllers more fluently. Also, you could do things like reassign controller numbers in-game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

Ive a problem with the wiimote.cap, when i try to load it, i get an error message box said "Insufficient memory" ?

Can you help me please ?

• So i resolve my "memory problem" :It was just because havn't the right version of construct (v0.99.82)...

Hi,

But Ive a problem with the wiimote.cap, when i try to load it, i get an error message box said "Insufficient memory" ?

Can you help me please ?

But, loadind and running examples work except it dont detect wiimote

Have try with success run demo.exe from WiiYourself!_1.15 to test connection data and viewing and all work perfect, but i still cant connect wiimote to demo wiimote.cap

Have try also with 2 different computers and different bluetooth adapter and different wiimote but it dont work for me! (old plugin version with wiiuse.dll worked also with this material).

So please, can you help me or suggest some search directions?

I need it absolutly for ? school project

• I'll build a new version of the plugin with Wiiyourself 1.15 Final today and check that it works with latest Construct (I'm running 99.84, need to check .85 too).

If it works with Wiiyourself demo.exe then it should work here too so I don't know what could be wrong... what is your operating system? I have been only testing with Windows 7.

• Hi Luomu,

thanks for answer

I'll build a new version of the plugin with Wiiyourself 1.15 Final today and check that it works with latest Construct (I'm running 99.84, need to check .85 too).

If it works with Wiiyourself demo.exe then it should work here too so I don't know what could be wrong... what is your operating system? I have been only testing with Windows 7.

Have upgrade construct version to 99.84 on my XP-Pro and just try it again, but same problem.

Fot this last test ? use os: XP-Pro + Service Pack 3 with trendnet TBW-104UB bluetooth adapter and bluesoleil.

Before have tested on my second PC os:Win7Prox64 and bluesoleil where I have construct V0.99.82,

And had built a .exe from your cap and then tryed also on win7x32 (only the exe because no construct on it) and with standard windows bluetooth drivers, but dont work too.

All time i stay on your waiting screen "Looking for a remote"...

Have tested on all of this PC configurations with Wiiyourself 1.15 Final demo and demo work fine...

Please can you also buit a demo.exe of wiimote.cap for me to see if it work on my computer (this can help me to localise problem)...

• I built the plugin with the last Wiiyourself release and tested it works with Construct 99.85:

Wiimote-1.02b.zip

I noticed the test .cap has broken at some point -- it connects and reads values ok but I can't click on the object or construct crashes. I can't easily replace the object with a new one (joys of Construct development) so the test app is unreliable for now.

I also made this simple connection test app: SimpleTest.zip Connect your remote to the BT adapter, run this and press C to connect. It includes .cap and .exe.

If that fails, you said the official Wiiyourself demo.exe works. I built the same demo, so if this one does not work it's very puzzling: Non-construct Demo.zip

• thanks for all!

So i just tried fisrt youe simpletest.exe and it stay on "Not connected. Press C to look for remote"

i tried also your version of wiiyourself demo.exe it work but i seen this :

first time a runed the demo.exe i got a sound and dont connect and i have seen thazt i didnt close your simpletest.exe .

as soon a close it wiiyourself instantanatly connect to wiimote

Now ive upgrader construct to 99.85(on my Win7x64) :

• trying your new wiimote.cap but stay again on the "looking for a remote"
    • BUT your simpletester.cap is okay and i can connect/disconnect with it !

So i think there is a problem inside wiimote.cap but what ?

• I noticed a bug in Wiiyourself RC3 and final versions; when connected only buttons work. To workaround this, connect needs to be called twice or the application built in debug mode. I didn't feel that was a good solution so I downgraded back to RC2. It works better for me.

Also I maybe managed to salvage wiimote.cap, at least it does not crash any more.

Wiimote-1.03.zip

• I noticed a bug in Wiiyourself RC3 and final versions; when connected only buttons work. To workaround this, connect needs to be called twice or the application built in debug mode. I didn't feel that was a good solution so I downgraded back to RC2. It works better for me.

Also I maybe managed to salvage wiimote.cap, at least it does not crash any more.

Wiimote-1.03.zip

Thanks very much !

with V1.02b i can now connect very well and i get all data (IR, roll,etc) but if i use your last pluging V1.03 i get now somes problem:

i can connect very well but ,only buttons,battery and status work well but no rool and no acceleration data ???

• [quote:2c8bs6rx]with V1.02b i can now connect very well and i get all data (IR, roll,etc) but if i use your last pluging V1.03 i get now somes problem:

i can connect very well but ,only buttons,battery and status work well but no rool and no acceleration data ???

get the exact opposite result. I hope I can help the Wiiyourself guy to fix it.

Just use 1.02b now if it works for you. There are no feature differences between 1.02-1.03.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)