Woohoo!

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • i think he meant, if someone searched for construct then either they already know about it or they aren't looking for it. What if you search for 'game maker', 'game making software', etc.?

• Game maker will return the obvious, I think that's probably the hardest key word set to topple, if not impossible altogether.

Construct itself is quite a common word, so to be as high as we are is very good. I Would say that it's possibly our highest value keyword; if someone hears about 'Construct', they don't necessarily link it to Scirra or any other word - which are more obscure and better found - therefore it is very important that the software appears first in Google.

• Game maker will return the obvious, I think that's probably the hardest key word set to topple, if not impossible altogether.

Construct itself is quite a common word, so to be as high as we are is very good. I Would say that it's possibly our highest value keyword; if someone hears about 'Construct', they don't necessarily link it to Scirra or any other word - which are more obscure and better found - therefore it is very important that the software appears first in Google.

The reason Construct appeares in top rankings it because of this forum, where we are using word construct many times in different sentences. Unfortunetly and mostly it will not rase traffic you looking for.

• There's other ways to make people aware of the word Construct and what it is; having the best ranking for that word on google is very important to people quickly finding it if they want to.

• There's other ways to make people aware of the word Construct and what it is; having the best ranking for that word on google is very important to people quickly finding it if they want to.

Yes Rich, I agree with you. However ppl who will want find cons will rather foolow the link on the site they found information about the product. Thats not how it has to be done. Because ppl who are using search engines, are using them if they know what they looking for but they don't know where to find it. Positioning is about letting ppl know about your existance. If John from collage will want to make a game, he will type 'game maker' or 'game creator' etc. And that's how to people will realy find you.

• I think that a lot of people looking for a game creator would ask/post on a community they frequent, look for a comparison website or article outlining various solutions, or explore indie communities. A lot of our hits are referred from such means. Some users will type in things like 'game maker' and such, Game Maker itself has these keywords covered, which makes tapping into those searches very hard.

What can we do to increase rankings for things 'blind searchers' so to speak will type in?

(Our hit breakdown shows 170 hits from people googling 'Construct' in the last week, up from 50 or so only a month ago in a week period)

• I think that a lot of people looking for a game creator would ask/post on a community they frequent, look for a comparison website or article outlining various solutions, or explore indie communities. A lot of our hits are referred from such means. Some users will type in things like 'game maker' and such, Game Maker itself has these keywords covered, which makes tapping into those searches very hard.

(Our hit breakdown shows 170 hits from people googling 'Construct' in the last week, up from 50 or so only a month ago in a week period)

What can we do to increase rankings for things 'blind searchers' so to speak will type in?

I know what to do - You must prepare the RIGHT CONTENT :

well written site
      Right titles. For example your current title is: <title>Scirra: Home of open-source game creator, Construct</title>[/code:f1boqoiy] It's to descriptive. Description meta tag is for that. Title you want to have must have less characters and words. that makes it stronger. For example. <title>Free Game Creator - Construct</title>[/code:f1boqoiy]
      Keywords/key frazes in right tags and in right places
      Right site names and good links
      And few other minor thinges but importand too

Oh and create sub-domain 'construct.scirra.com' or even better one with insted of construct you could use 'game-creator' or 'game-creation' or even ' game-maker'. Under these domains you would keep everything construct related. Under scirra.com you could keep only scirra related informations.

And there is more to know...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:3duxq7nm](Our hit breakdown shows 170 hits from people googling 'Construct' in the last week, up from 50 or so only a month ago in a week period)

Um that's when this thread was posted.

There are two types of keywords you need to cover.

The first is word of mouth, and you pretty much have that covered with Scirra, and Construct.

The second is for search engines so yeah game maker would be a bit tough. Thing is you can add key words like "killer", "better", "similar", "open source", and even "like". So when people search for "game maker", and then they see "Game maker killer", or "like Game Maker", you can get better results, by simply filling in the gaps the other engines miss.

• ...Thing is you can add key words like "killer", "better", "similar", "open source", and even "like". So when people search for "game maker", and then they see "Game maker killer", or "like Game Maker", you can get better results, by simply filling in the gaps the other engines miss.

That'a bad idea ><

• So, where is "game development software/program/kit" etc?

• So, where is "game development software/program/kit" etc?

According to my post from week ago: far away from the first site.

• [quote:11xtyfm5](Our hit breakdown shows 170 hits from people googling 'Construct' in the last week, up from 50 or so only a month ago in a week period)

They're new visitors, not users already browsing any page on the site, which makes it impressive.

Whilst I appreciate we need to cover more keywords, I really can't see how that can be efficiently done so as to overlap areas like 'game making' and 'game creation'. Keyword meta tags aren't the primary way to boost rankings, neither are website titles. The best way seems to be links from very large websites on the subject, which is harder done.

• > [quote:1ltm9rmk](Our hit breakdown shows 170 hits from people googling 'Construct' in the last week, up from 50 or so only a month ago in a week period)

>

They're new visitors, not users already browsing any page on the site, which makes it impressive.

Whilst I appreciate we need to cover more keywords, I really can't see how that can be efficiently done so as to overlap areas like 'game making' and 'game creation'. Keyword meta tags aren't the primary way to boost rankings, neither are website titles. The best way seems to be links from very large websites on the subject, which is harder done.

Linking to the site from other sites is verry importand. However site content have to cover this links, if you know what i meen.

For google importand are :

Title

Description meta tag

Headings

Links in Lists

Links in content

If you would let me do the site for you i would cover all of that ^^ btw. i did small redesign of the mock up. check it out, and tell me what you think Rich.

BTW2. I just seen you helped me out a little bit with the hosting. You know that the more ppl will host, there will be more good links comming to Cons site as well thats my strategy at the moment.

• I stand by what I said, btw Im not talking about metadata.

Posts on this forum, as well as others, blogs etc.

Engines don't care about metadata

• I stand by what I said, btw Im not talking about metadata.

Posts on this forum, as well as others, blogs etc.

Engines don't care about metadata

How do you know ? ^^ Google is showing keywords from the description. It's better to preapare good SEO description than let google include first few sentences as a description. Will index faster.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)