Why not OpenGL?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • > You guys are just plainm being asses now, my post talking about linux and opengl is not unreasonable, do you guys really think your funny poking fun at us?

>

I'm not making fun of you at all. I'm just making a joke. No need to take things personally.

Me and others talked about it on linux and mac os x using opengl and such and you went on to joke about it being on something stupid, to me it is pretty hard to see it not poking fun at us.

• Even if I straight up said "Linux sucks" it still wouldn't have anything to do with you. If I was making fun of you, you'd know it.

Do I think portability is good? Yes.

Do I think that Construct for Linux would be good? Yes.

Should I stop myself from making a joke and having fun on the forum? HELL NO. So just chill.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am chilled and i appreciate you saying it wasn't poking fun at us, but still it was pretty annoying to see a joke like it.

I am not saying don't have fun, just be a little more careful with jokes

• I read deadeye's post as being a harmless joke, albeit poorly worded, because I can see how that can be interpreted as trivialising his point. Still, hopefully we're now clear there was no malicious intent.

• Resisting urge to post that stupid smiley face thing... no but seriously... no harm intended, though I found his joke to be rather funny.

On topic though, has anyone tried running Construct in Linux through Lindows (or whatever the current Windows emulator/boot software is?) or even on Mac through Bootcamp? I'd be curious to see if it works or not?

• ..On topic though, has anyone tried running Construct in Linux through Lindows (or whatever the current Windows emulator/boot software is?) or even on Mac through Bootcamp? I'd be curious to see if it works or not?

I'm not sure about Wine but isn't Bootcamp just a way to have a dual boot of mac and windows on a mac system?

And about Deadeye's comment, I didn't find that offensive at all, in fact, I was about to make a similiar joke myself involving an OS very much inferior to Windows. But to end on a good note, Linux is definitely my first choice when it comes down to a 486 desktop.

• Fair enough Liam, it wasn't meant to offend. I love you, everyone loves you, and OpenGL is a good diea basically.

Would be really cool for future. Portability seperates the boys from the men

• Fair enough Liam, it wasn't meant to offend. I love you, everyone loves you, and OpenGL is a good diea basically.

Would be really cool for future. Portability seperates the boys from the men

"I love you" can i get a t-shirt from you saying that? hahaha

Well the SDL runtime will be a great start as said by "timtim" that will lead right to opengl, anyone heard from him on it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)