tilled background glitch when scrolling

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Tweakable and easy to use effects for your projects.
  • It's worth also looking at non-power-of-two tiled background sizes, because they draw completely differently.

Do they have to be square to get that bonus? Or would a 256x128 tile render the same way as a 128x128?

• They have to be square.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay, get this...

450 of 32x32 box objects... ~180 FPS

450 of 32x32 sprite objects (just a box drawn)... ~450 FPS

450 of 32x32 tiled background objects (same box drawn inside)... ~220 FPS

ONE 32x32 tiled background stretched over 800x600 layout... ~ 420 FPS

Well... what can I say? Goodbye, Box.

P.S.: My machine is Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz, 1.5GB ram, ATI Radeon 9550 256 MB. The mother board is insanely crappy, though, they've subbed the suckiest one in for the one I fried.

Edit: I went ahead and gave each of tiles five different animations - just a different color - and randomized each tile.

450 of sprites, each has five different one-frame animations... ~260 FPS

Why was I worrying about tiled maps again?

Edit2: Tried creating 10000 sprites... Doesn't show the window at all, though debugger shows 10003 instances and 0 (1.#Jms) as FPS. Yikes.

• Well, since most people generally have most sprites, I've put most effort in to optimising the Sprite object. Which explains why it's fastest. As I said before, optimisation can be tricky business.

• Well, since most people generally have most sprites, I've put most effort in to optimising the Sprite object. Which explains why it's fastest. As I said before, optimisation can be tricky business.

Must be in did. And it must be hard as well. I used to do do php and xhtml stuff, and optimising thise was pain in the ass.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)