Re: December update

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I meant what I said. It doesn't really matter if Anime Studio is vector, it's the bones system I'm comparing. I don't see where that thing you posted has bones.

• I think what he's getting at is this: create the pieces of your character, create a skeleton for your character, and then attach said pieces to their corresponding bones on the skeleton.

• it probably works like my blobber character, they may have even gotten the idea for such an object from it. Its pretty complex to set up and not something the average user could do on his own, this object would make it wayyyy easier.

• Yeah your bloody math man. It's way too good. I'm jealous.

• I think what he's getting at is this: create the pieces of your character, create a skeleton for your character, and then attach said pieces to their corresponding bones on the skeleton.

Yeah, that's pretty much how a bones system works. Then to move the character, you don't have to move the actual sprites, or worry about their individual rotation. You just move the bone.

In 3D it's pretty much the same, only your mesh is usually one piece. You attach specific polys to the bones and it deforms the mesh when you manipulate a bone.

it probably works like my blobber character, they may have even gotten the idea for such an object from it. Its pretty complex to set up and not something the average user could do on his own, this object would make it wayyyy easier.

In effect it would pretty much look the same, yes. Your blob guy looks like what a bones system would do, just without actual bones. You've gone and made some kind of crazy complex IK chain without using a true bones system

• [quote:1kvefxmy]Yeah your bloody math man. It's way too good. I'm jealous.

lol thanks

[quote:1kvefxmy]In effect it would pretty much look the same, yes. Your blob guy looks like what a bones system would do, just without actual bones. You've gone and made some kind of crazy complex IK chain without using a true bones system

what im wondering about is how the animation of the skeleton will work, will there be some key framing thingy or will it be set up through events by rotating individual bones, im guessing the latter which would make animation pretty hard.

i guess will have to wait and see

and now that you mention IK, an IK object would be pretty darn useful. with 'n' segments and fast c++ ik solving

• Utilising the bone movement is done entirely visually; you set up the links, joints and animations by clicking/moving the bones .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Utilising the bone movement is done entirely visually; you set up the links, joints and animations by clicking/moving the bones .

That sounds awesome

• [quote:3a3iav7u]That sounds awesome

i second that

check out my new IKchain cap in uploads you guys.

• Awesome indeed. Now I won't have to worry about how to do giant Castlevania style giant "puppeteered" enemies. maybe this means I'll one day make a construct fighting game too, Rumbe Fish style. :3

• Oh I forgot about the bones thing. Great! Now that's one less thing we have to do, should help animation TREMENDOUSLY!

• Sounds really awesome

But I certainly hope the 'create new animation angle of X degrees every X images' in the import screen can eventually get snuck in there too

• how much control will we have over netcode? would a server browser (that we make in construct) be possible? can we dictate what information/events are sent as packets?

• : )

• RICH ZOMG GIEF ONLIEN PLUGIN.

Agreed!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)