Picture editor

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
An educational game for counting pictures. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Yeah, I've never actually used GIMP but I do hear that the interface is kinda wonky.

Fortunately, it will be improved in the next version, 2.6, which is coming really soon.

• > Yeah, I've never actually used GIMP but I do hear that the interface is kinda wonky.

>

Fortunately, it will be improved in the next version, 2.6, which is coming really soon.

Are they adding basic functionality into it yet? I'm sorry, but any graphics program I spend over 30 minutes looking for a marquee/lasso tool, and can't find one...

SUCKS!

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you use Paint.Net at all SoldjahBoy? I ask because I am using Photoshop CS3 mostly, but I don't know if I'll upgrade to CS4.

Paint.Net keeps getting nice plugins added by users so I'm starting to consider switching.

• New idea for the image editor, specifically for animation of sprites:

A checkbox labeled "Propogate Changes." When you check this box, all actions you do on one frame will be repeated on all the other frames. For instance, placing the hotspot, flipping x or y, selecting an area of color, erasing the area of color, etc.

The selecting an area of color I think would be the most difficult part, because an animation will have that color in different places on each frame. But it would be useful for removing the transparency color from the background of sprites imported from a sprite sheet all in one shot.

Anyway, most tools wouldn't need to have any extra special attention paid to them. A pencil mark on one frame would make the same mark on every frame. It's just tools like the select-area-of-color tool that would need special attention. Crop is another, because some frames the area to trim transparent pixels might be larger than in others.

This would make the process of importing sprites a whole lot easier, since right now it's like an assembly line of flipx-nextframe-flipx-nextframe-etc, placehotspot-nextframe-placehotspot-nextframe-etc that just bores me to tears and is another reason on the list of why I hate making game art.

• I tried to start making a game and all I used to make the animations and game objects was the animation editor XD of course all the graphics are cruddy but thats because im not good at making my own. what held me back from completing it though was the fact I couldnt find out how to make passcoded doors correctly.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)