Femstruct!!

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I normally don't use "WTF", but... WTF at this whole thread. And...

[quote:1bfi2qfg]Will it have built in engines for quickly making games such as Animal Crossing and Ninendogs?

...That seems random to me. There isn't a connection to you, is there?

Well the games have a higher percentage of female players than average, I think that was the joke...

• Am I the only one on this board that finds this thread insanely offensive and sexist and insulting?

No, you aren't.

But then, the general atmosphere around here is pretty sexist anyway. The audience of this forum is adolescent males (of all ages), and I imagine any actual females who stumble in here will be driven off PDQ.

So ... yes, this femstruct joke is annoying and childish, but in a way the audience has already self-selected into a group who won't find it all that offensive.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why would they be driven off? I still don't understand what's been said which amounts to anything more than a very light hearted joke at worst. People haven't said for example: 'haha women don't play games because they're in the kitchen all the time'. Everything that's been said is in the context of Construct being adapted to fill another market role, which obviously it doesn't need to, that's the point of the joke. Games are frequently marketted towards girls, as are adverts on TV. Does it make the advertisers sexist for playing on things girls/women want?

Going to lock this as it was an april fools, anyway.

• But then, the general atmosphere around here is pretty sexist anyway. The audience of this forum is adolescent males (of all ages)

If you're going to assume someone's sexist because they laughed at a froo-froo pink and sparkly My Little Pony joke then you're reading way too far into things. Way to insinuate that the members here are all just emotionally underdeveloped man-children.

But hey, thread's locked. Probably a good thing, considering some people seem to see it as an invitation to dish out passive-aggressive insults like this.

In the future how about we reserve our moral outrage and castigation for authentic instances of sexism and not just fire our PC guns half-cocked? Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)