Doing things to specific sounds.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
75 explosion sound effects. Essential for many games, Explosions Sounds contains a mix of explosion and impact sounds.
  • Yeah that kinda makes it go all "squealy" doesn't it?

Actually engine sounds should go faster as they pitch up, since the engine is spinning faster.

But yeah, I could imagine scenarios where having realtime audio processing could be useful. It's not trivial though, I believe (unless its in the drivers).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • so the sound still sounds the "same" but faster or slower.

do you mean they still take the exact same amount of time to play, but in a different pitch?

I'm pretty handy with sound design, so I think I see what you're getting at.

• > so the sound still sounds the "same" but faster or slower.

>

do you mean they still take the exact same amount of time to play, but in a different pitch?

I'm pretty handy with sound design, so I think I see what you're getting at.

Yes. exactly that. Like you can speed up a song, without it sounding like the chipmunks, or slow it down without it being so unrecognisable that it becomes pointless.

It was a cool thing you could do on the SB Live card (I'm sure all the newer creative cards and most other sound cards for that matter would be able to do it these days) using some software that did it.

You could also activate the EAX effects and talk in the mic or whatever, and it would mess around with your voice in EAX. It had stuff like kidnapper voice, and male to female convert/female to male convert, alien, and a bunch of other fun ones.

Would be awesome to be able to do at least the pitch shift/time shift thing though.

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)