here is my comparison based on my experience with the 3 programs.
Game Maker 8:
1.it's not as limited as people claim. I've there are a lot of good games made with it.
2.GML(Game Maker language) is rather easy. definitely easier then Python.
3.all events and actions are object based. meaning that, you don't need to reprogram the object for every room,layout or frame.
4.all resources are kept in the project file
5. *has a built in save function
1.it attracts a lot of noob and 8 year olds because of it's easy to use DnD system .
1a. the site(yoyogames) if full garbage that out numbers and obscures most of the decent and better games. can be avoided by posting games on the gmc(Game Maker community ) instead.
1b.noobs can't take constructive criticism.
2. not so long ago a person released a decompiler for Game maker 8 which can take an EXE and convert it back into a GMK . however some one also made an anti-decompiler which works.
2b. anti-decompiler isn't very easy to find by that i mean it's not in the game maker download page
3.yoyogames has yet to address this issue. there are to busy with there yoyostore.
4. games eat up a lot of ram
*5. the save function doesn't work good if you save during a level
6. most extension are useless.
7.GML can be come a bit hard later on
The Games Factory 2/Multimedia Fusion 2/Developer
1. Games consume much less ram and space.
2.most resources are kept in the project file.
3.does not have any written programing language.
4. has good extensions .
5. some tasks such parallax are much easier in MMF2 then in game maker.
6. has useful easier objects that game maker has alternatives to.
7. doesn't attract as much noobs
1. expensive even the most simplest edition TGF2 cost about 56 bucks the developer edition cost over 200 bucks .
2.lack a drawing event which is something i need for a series of games.
1. everything i said about multimedia fusion 2.
with addition of
2.bugs get fixed a lot faster
3. is free
4. all extension are useful and work.
5.all games upload here so far are good with effort put to them .
6.the behavior system is superior to MMF2's.
1. some resources such as sound and music aren't kept in the project file
2.you"ll need multiple sound objects in order to play sound FX simultaneously with music.
also I"m planing to make a game with Construct. but, i"m a bad artist and even worst at making music. that's the only thing preventing me from using construct.