Community Collab Game Project

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Metroidvania sounds good to me.

I believe if we were to take the 'everyone make a character' route the art would be all over the place. Better to have each person do a different job:

Gameplay design

Art direction

Level design

Character drawing

Animation

Backgrounds

Gameplay events & proxy objects

Effects

etc.

• Of course, there WOULD be limits on the character creation thing, it's mostly just design, rather than art style, which will be handled by the artist, naturally.

That sort of job thing sounds neat, too. Anyone opposed to my idea or thinks they have a better one?

• What about various people each make a single frame mini game showing of one or several effects, and then one person links them all together into some sort of progressive game thing at the end. All sorts of game styles, art styles, but all consistent and contained in each frame. Perhaps a similar theme, or character threads through each frame.

• That could work too... then again it would kind of just be like everyone making their own games.

• That was pretty much the point. lumping everyone into one project is bound to break down quickly(and have jarring contrasts), but having 1 or 2 people making each mini-part of a game would increase chances of success and add an interesting texture.

• A newer version of Hunter Hunted would be fucking awesome... with some online multiplayer action...

Arcade style platform fighting/shooting game... think super smash bros brawl, but in 2d, and with guns?

Oh, and if you don't know Hunter Hunted, I suggest you check it out... that game was bad-ass in it's day.

~Sol

• sounds like the concept is preaty awesome for coop.. and add moer characters.

• That's it, we need a poll for these ideas, methinks.

• NewGrounds did a mini-game thing once, a bunch of people contributed.

Theme was: mouse controlled, no clicks, 3 seconds to win/lose.

The result was... weird, but playable and showed off everyone's abilities.

• NewGrounds did a mini-game thing once, a bunch of people contributed.

Theme was: mouse controlled, no clicks, 3 seconds to win/lose.

The result was... weird, but playable and showed off everyone's abilities.

Reminded me a lot of Warioware stuffs.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think the 'heap of mini-games' idea could work really well. Just imagine the insane stuff this community would come up with!

It'd be a great way to show off the features of Construct, since different games could showcase different areas. Also, it'd avoid a lot of the problems associated with collaborative projects: different artistic directions, the need for coordination of different project areas, project bloat leading to collapse, etc.

• Is there a way to merge layouts from different files though?

I can imagine that becoming a burden.

• No, though I do like the mini game idea a lot. Perhaps people could make small test concepts in .cap files and then we could swap round the master .cap file to add them?

• That would be an awful lot easier if we finished the ability to copy/paste layouts.

• The ability was never there, and is harder than you might think due to DavoCode TM.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)