Ashley, please respond.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Having contributed to commercial software, I have seen the benefits of a very strict lead programmer, and I don't think anyone would mind if their code was rejected, as long as the standards required were clear and spelt out in advance.

Good luck with whatever route you take.

My concern in this thread is what Lucid meant by the road he thinks Construct is taking.

I haven't been on here often enough recently to know precisely what he means, so I'm just wondering if there's been something said on this subject recently that I've missed.

We all know how real life can get in the way of our various hobbies, but is there something more to it than that?

Personally, I'd like to see the Devs showing the same sort of passion for Construct as Lucid does (maybe they did in the beginning, and are maybe a little burnt out. Been there, done that.).

Maybe 3 Devs isn't enough on a project this size any more.

Would MAME have been as successful as it's been if Nicola had decided to keep his code to himself.

I submit my vote for LUCID to become the 4th Dev (should he wish to do so), and I would like to see at least half a dozen Devs involved in this project, although it would still require someone at the helm to maintain the required standards.

I really hope Construct doesn't fade away.

As a C++ coder for many years, I'd get over it, but I really like what they've accomplised here, and I'd like to see them at least see it out to version 1.0

Krush.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Personally, I'd like to see the Devs showing the same sort of passion for Construct as Lucid does (maybe they did in the beginning, and are maybe a little burnt out. Been there, done that.)

I definitely still have the passion, but just no time these days, and I think the same goes for the other devs too. At some point in the future I will have time again, and this is why I am laying down plans for Construct 2 when the time comes in the future. However, burnout is a bit of an issue here as well, since when Construct was started - and all the most important organisation and architectural decisions were made - we were basically all n00bs with hardly any experience. Mistakes were made, and working on Construct now is unnecessarily difficult, which makes it a pain to do coding, which makes the little time we have less effective. That's why I'm keen to wrap up 0.x and get started on the next version - I know we could do so much better now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)