Shukuchi Ninja - Devlog

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • Hi guys,

Been working on this game for the last 3-4 months in my spare time. Shukuchi - translated from Japanese means "shrink earth method". This fast paced, high octane project will be available within the coming months on multiple different platforms, but primary Android and iOS.

Features:

Unique, high speed game-play.

Teleport system - instantly attack an enemy, or use it if you are stuck.

80 Normal levels.

8 Boss levels.

Predictive aim ninja star throwing system.

Achievements.

Current progress:

Main engine (this is always getting altered as the levels are created)

Life system - Complete

Teleport system - Complete

Ninja stars system - Complete

Enemy AI - Complete

Boss AI - 6/8 Complete

Graphics - Mostly complete (like the engine, always getting altered to give optimal performance)

Transitions - Complete

Scrolling level select - Complete

Pause w/ options - Complete

Shadows - Main character shadows complete, work in progress on enemies/boss'

Sounds - Base sounds in for testing purposes, will change nearer release to final sounds.

Levels - 12/80 release ready

Boss Levels 1/8 release ready

So, majority of the main stuff is out of the way, now I'm on the long slog of create all the levels. It seems to take around 3-4 hours to fully complete and finalise a level so I'm a long way off, but here's some screen shots as of some levels so far! I hope you enjoy.

Oh and a big thank you to dop2000 for helping me with the local storage and other bits and pieces along the way (plus some of his forum posts have been superb in aiding with some other things)!

A level in progress!

Teaser vid to come in the coming weeks!

• Currently filling in levels 13-19 with enemies, consumables and traps, the second boss AI has had some modifications and currently just need to refine health/damage amounts from the players character and the boss itself. Little snippet of the events used to create some of the AI.

The boss will teleport to a random location every 3.5 seconds, shoot ninja stars at the players character every second along with a basic enemy being spawned randomly every 5 seconds (they also throw ninja stars at you).

• Looks really cool 👍!

• Thanks Gugogon!

Bern a quiet few weeks been busy with other things but slowly changed all the local storage code for the game over the this time.

Now have a fully fledged system on the go that will save current level score, best score, current star level, best star level, revamped music and vibrate system along with trophies and language select.

Just need to refine all artwork now then progress and make some more levels!

• After taking some time out of development I'm now knuckling back down to get this game done! Expecting for a Jan/Feb 2021 release window.

Spent the last week refining some controls and adding inverted controls to cater for different play styles. By the end of next week there will be 30 complete levels with 3 bosses.

Trailer video will also be ready within this 2 week period so stay tuned!

• Looks fun!

I hope you make your target release window! Do you have a website or blog for this? I'd like to see more. Or maybe I'll just wait for the release...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey! Thanks for your comment. In regards to the release - it's still on track! Trailer will be landing within the next couple of days.. I made the trailer but had issues with the music, but this will be delivered to me in the next 3 days so I'll have an official release trailer for it.

In terms of website etc no, not yet! It's one thing I really need to do in the coming days and to start building a social presence for the game.

I have now finished 49 levels with 4 of the bosses complete along with cutscenes for storyline and enhanced visuals.

Also added a respawn system for a way to monetise it, and to make it slightly easier for some of the more difficult levels.

• A little late as music took slightly longer than expected but here's the trailer! Will also update first post to include the trailer.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Now on Kickstarter! If you fancy backing the project you can find it here kck.st/37WcW2T

Many thanks!

• Let this project slide a bit and have been procrastinating on getting it done. However, back on it!

Current state of the game:

Cut back the original total levels from 88 to 70. 40 levels currently release ready, remaining 28 levels have been mapped out, shadow boxes done. Need to add enemies, collectibles, objects. Then to test, test and more test each level to ensure difficulty etc.

Cut back boss fights from 8 to 7. 5/7 bosses fully release ready, final two are currently being finished this week.

IAP configured.

Storyline 70% written, will finish this off this week too. Game description 100% finished.

Once the storyline has been finished, I'll send that and the game description off for translations to multiple different languages and will hopefully support 8 languages upon launch, with support for more in the future.

Finally, finish off the respawn system, achievements and polish off any UI. Code the remaining cutscenes for the game.

Will be releasing a pre-registration for Google Play shortly and will look into iOS pre-reg too.

• Quick update:

Levels 40-50 are complete! Storyline all finished off and all translations done, the game currently supports 8 languages and all the sprites are made and exported.

Now the tedious task of putting them into each frame and making sure I've put the correct language in the right frame (using sprites instead of text to keep enhance the visuals of the text).

Final boss level is nearing completion with the level mapped out and the challenges required to defeat The Master. Will post a little vid of it very soon

• 504 days after I first posted this thread and.. Shukuchi Ninja is (nearly) done!

Lots has been done to visually improved since the initial trailer release, lots of new effects including rain, thunder and lightning, fog and the usual lighting from torches etc.

Got about an hour left just to go through and compress as many sprites as I can as the game was circa 180mb, aiming to reduce it down to about 100-110mb.

Performance wise has been a bit of a struggle on seriously budget phones. It'll run and play, but a bit laggy on a £70 phone which is to be expected. On the upperend scale of budget phones i.e a redmi note 9, it runs 60fps most levels, although some of the huge levels require the details button I added to be pressed onto low.

Midrange-highend it'll run 60 FPS on max details all day long.

Global release will be coming very soon, currently in talks with a publisher, so keeping my fingers and toes crossed I can get a deal. If not, I'll be self publishing so you guys can hopefully enjoy it!

• Gameplay wise it took me 5 hours 45 minutes to complete the 68 levels, and used about 130 respawns. To polish up missing achievements/trophies it was another hour so a solid 6 and a half hours of gameplay without ads.

Small video of graphical improvements

twitter.com/i/status/1443168969398104066

• Google Play version has been released!

play.google.com/store/apps/details

Unfortunately having massive issues with iOS so no ETA on release at this time. Just working on some gamepad control, then should be looking at publishing on Steam.

Hope you guys enjoy it (pre warning, some of the levels are hard!) and any feedback/reviews good or bad are much appreciated.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)