LUDUS MORTIS - available on Steam and GOG (First Person Dungeon Crawler)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Inspired by a couple of 3D examples recently added to Construct, I've decided to try to develop a prototype for a First Person Dungeon Crawler using 3d Objects.

So far, I've only used 2D images to develop this kind of game (like my latest RPG Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle, available on Steam and Gog ), but I have to say that using 3D object is a way faster solution and it opens a lot of new possibilities for me.

This is a small prototype created in a couple of days using assets taken from my other games (so, nothing created purposely for 3d objects). What do you think about it?

Subscribe to Construct videos now

(every time I rotate the camera the video lose some quality for a little bit, but it doesn't happen with the actual game)

EDIT 09/23

Now available in early access, for Windows and Linux

Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/2197650/Ludus_Mortis

GOG: gog.com/game/ludus_mortis

• I love this game prototype. You seem to be very experienced in experimenting with the 3D aspects of these projects you work on. The prototype look good. I myself also am curious to try these 3D projects and make me a 3D like game when im done with other current projects im working on. Are you planning on making a new RPG dungeon game or just testing out the new 3D features or both?

• I love this game prototype. You seem to be very experienced in experimenting with the 3D aspects of these projects you work on. The prototype look good. I myself also am curious to try these 3D projects and make me a 3D like game when im done with other current projects im working on. Are you planning on making a new RPG dungeon game or just testing out the new 3D features or both?

Thanks ;)

I've spent a lot of time (I mean, years) working on how to reproduce a fake-3D ambient with 2D images with my other games. But I've actually tried 3D objects in Construct only two days ago! And creating a 3D dungeon was really easy. So, I'm seriously thinking to switch to this technique for my next game...

• Oh okay very nice! Well good luck and I look forward of what you will make out of your next game with this technique you learned ;)

• I'm updating the prototype after the latest stable release of Construct.

I've changed the lighting management using the "Fog Exponential" effect, but it's not working correctly with transparent 3d objects (so I've used another rule to light them).

Also, I've created a lot of different objects to create more variety in the dungeon.

Here is the video

• Looking really good, with nice improvements with the fog.

You might be interested in my 3D Object plug-in, 3D normal lighting effect, Alpha Discard effect. The 3D normal lighting could be useful for lighting 3D objects, the Alpha Discard effect can help with the transparency issues you see, but I've found it will only work w/ my 3D Object effect, but not with the 3D Shape.

You can buy it on itch or contact me on Discord and I'll send you a key.

kindeyegames.itch.io/c3-3dobject-alpha/devlog/322574/experimental-effect-alphadiscard-for-3dobject-billboard-objects

• Looks good.

• Thanks ;)

• Update: I've implemented combat mechanics with different types of damages (physical, elemental, magic), armors, dmg reduction, special skills and other stuff.

Also, I'm trying out some stylistic choices for the game :)

• Update: I've implemented combat mechanics with different types of damages (physical, elemental, magic), armors, dmg reduction, special skills and other stuff. Also, I'm trying out some stylistic choices for the game :)

Oh my gosh, amazing job man. I love how well your project is coming along and looking. I really like games like this that makes me want to explore it and fight monsters in a turn base battle.

• > Update: I've implemented combat mechanics with different types of damages (physical, elemental, magic), armors, dmg reduction, special skills and other stuff. Also, I'm trying out some stylistic choices for the game :)

Oh my gosh, amazing job man. I love how well your project is coming along and looking. I really like games like this that makes me want to explore it and fight monsters in a turn base battle.

Thank you!

• That's looking really good! Well done!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's looking really good! Well done!

Thanks!

• I'm spending a lot of time working on the character and item management.

Here are couple of screenshots of the character creation and the inventory page ;)

• That looks really amazing. Kind of looks like "Legend of Grimrock" and I used to play it so much years ago.

Only recently I started doing "3D" in construct and you can do some nice things even though it's very different way of thinking then when creating normal 3D game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)