How do I Work the layouts as Difficulties without adding more layouts?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • They Diff Layers are Difficulties in FNF

0- Easy

1-Normal

2- Hard

How can I stop the layers from being hit whenever I've pressed the keys corresponding to the notes. The easiest solution will be make multiple layouts, but I have a feeling that I could short they 3 difficulties layouts into 1 songs, and depending on the difficulty, will be the layer shown.

What I want is to hit only the notes that are being shown on the layer.

What's the problem: The invisible notes (Difficulty that I didn't pick or set to) destroyed, health is getting messed up, additional scoring that is unneeded. If anyone can come up with a solution and you solution works, I'll be honored to have you featured in the Credits

• There is a new feature in C3 - interactive layers.

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/layers

You can set "interactive" property only for the layer with the current difficulty, then all other non-interactive layers will not receive mouse events.

• There is a new feature in C3 - interactive layers.

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/layers

You can set "interactive" property only for the layer with the current difficulty, then all other non-interactive layers will not receive mouse events.

I've tried this, and I could still hit the false interactive notes

• Do you press the notes with mouse/touch?

• Not really sure how everything in your project works, but you can try checking the layer in which a given note is before deciding whether it was hit or not.

You can do that using the system condition Layer is visible and using the LayerName expression as the argument. You would need to make sure the correct noted is picked of course, so LayerName has the correct value.

• Do you press the notes with mouse/touch?

Keyboard

• I have discord if you want to talk to me

DigimonFuzion10#7477 (Discord Username)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Interactivity setting on layers is only for mouse and touch events.

When a keyboard key is pressed, you need to pick the right note instance based on the current difficulty - either by layer name or by instance variable on the note. I suggest doing this with an instance variable, it will be easier.

EDIT: Wow, this is my 10000th post! :)

When a keyboard key is pressed, you need to pick the right note instance based on the current difficulty - either by layer name or by instance variable on the note. I suggest doing this with an instance variable, it will be easier.

Good to know and Congratulations

Haven't processed your idea, but I'll test it tomorrow. If this works, thank you, and once I'm done with it, I'll add you to the credits.

I've set the variables as a family for all of the notes and tails, but how can I set the conditions for it, so it could only show the notes corresponding to the difficulties

• You can simply pick the notes which correspond to the current difficulty.

I don't know your project, but it may look something like this:

On Start Of Layout:
     Note compare variable Difficulty=CurrentDifficulty
     .. Note set visible

Note compare variable Difficulty≠CurrentDifficulty
     .. Note set invisible

On Key X pressed:
    Note is visible
    ... Play audio

• You can simply pick the notes which correspond to the current difficulty.

I don't know your project, but it may look something like this:

> On Start Of Layout:
    Note compare variable Difficulty=CurrentDifficulty
    .. Note set visible

Note compare variable Difficulty≠CurrentDifficulty
    .. Note set invisible

On Key X pressed:
    Note is visible
    ... Play audio

The different variable are all set to the same notes

• Pick a note instance, corresponding to the pressed key. Add another condition checking if the note is visible.

• Pick a note instance, corresponding to the pressed key. Add another condition checking if the note is visible.

That just made all of the notes go invisible

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)