Word game with keyboard pulgin

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hey,

I want to make a game where words will load from the text file and we have to use keyboard to type the letters

So the words will be coming randomly every 1 second so let's say hello came and we have to type hello but if we are typing letters for hello and if the second word generated and if that word let's say house so if we press H on key board it should only affect hello and once the hello is complete than another word should be enabled

I know it should have array and ajax but I am very confused like how to set these things

I am not so much pro in construct 2 and I didn't found any help on siccra for this

Please help

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah man. Should be easy.

As long as you have the selected word appearing.

The text box you click on to type can be reset.

Set it to inactive when timed out, so you need to click it again before the typed words are acknowledged..

Just need to start the timer when the text box is clicked.

The word selection..... I have basic ideas. Like add individual words to the code with a random number selection to define what word appears.

Ie if 1. Text =word

If 2 text= true

Ext

Bit long winded. Plenty of easier ideas I just haven't trained with

Without construct next to me I can't test. But there is a text comparison option, also option to ignore caps...... Use the manual or I will write tomorrow.

As an interesting side note, you could use the text to speech to train people with a new language! Gd idea bro

• Yeah man. Should be easy.

As long as you have the selected word appearing.

The text box you click on to type can be reset.

Set it to inactive when timed out, so you need to click it again before the typed words are acknowledged..

Just need to start the timer when the text box is clicked.

The word selection..... I have basic ideas. Like add individual words to the code with a random number selection to define what word appears.

Ie if 1. Text =word

If 2 text= true

Ext

Bit long winded. Plenty of easier ideas I just haven't trained with

Without construct next to me I can't test. But there is a text comparison option, also option to ignore caps...... Use the manual or I will write tomorrow.

As an interesting side note, you could use the text to speech to train people with a new language! Gd idea bro

Hey, Thanks for the reply I got the capx file from scirra and over there it shows the coding and everything so it got much more easier for me and it helped me to learn about ajax and arrays but my new concern is i want this words to create every 5 seconds and if it is greater than 300 X with help of bullet behavior than it should destroy and also if first word is on screen we can only type that words and can't type the next one as it should be enabled after we completed the first one or after its destroyed

This is the link i got the file from...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)