So my Twitch overlay works great! But...

1 favourites
  • Due to the way Twitch secures things, it doesn't like one site talking to another, which means any program that is hosted in the cloud can't get certain info. If I made a local version, I'd be able to grab that data without issue.

The work around I found is that most local chatbots will post a message, such as "Thanks for the 10 bits!" into the chat. So my cloud bot will scan for such a sentence, then can trigger events based on seeing that message appear.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant.

• I'd to like to create a desktop app (NW.js) that anyone could use for their own Stream (not just for my own Stream). So I'm looking for the ability for the user to auth with the api, then redirect back to my game with the oath token so I can grab stream messages and post messages back to the stream. I could make them graph their oath from twitchapps.com but that doesn't seem like the best solution

Not sure if that's close to what you've gotten to or if you're doing it a different method

• That's pretty much what mine does. It's open to everyone, not just my stream. I've had a few people from here make contact with me asking to try it out :)

• My biggest hang up right now is getting the access token. I can use the browser object to go to the URL (https://id.twitch.tv/oauth2/authorize) to grant permissions, but I don't know how to get the oath token from the redirect url parameter after granting... do I need to use ajax or something instead?

Hoping to do this without the need for a hosted site to catch the redirect url

• I have some friends that stream, I would love to make a little game for them. What kind of capabilities does C3 have with Twitch? can you have the game receive chat commands? how would you do a racing game like those water guns at amusement parks?

I'm not really sure where to get started, did you end up making a tut? I couldn't find anything on it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have some friends that stream, I would love to make a little game for them. What kind of capabilities does C3 have with Twitch? can you have the game receive chat commands? how would you do a racing game like those water guns at amusement parks?

I'm not really sure where to get started, did you end up making a tut? I couldn't find anything on it.

It's quite capable, but you have to create everything!

Feel free to check out my code via challacc.com :)

• Hey I'm looking into making a minigame for my twitch stream. Yours is the most recent talk about twitch integration I came across, I'd like to know if you would be interesting in sharing the integration as a custom addon or point me towards some resources where I can start understanding how to do this myself. Thanks! Your bot looks awesome btw.

• Hello, AnD4D.

I'm very interested in having a C3 project that receives the chat from Twitch. I've been making games with C2 and C3 but I have absolute no idea about things like websockets, so I tried to understand your conversation here and in another thread but I couldn't. Do you have any project to share or a tutorial to link about that specific action? I already have made a game, I just need it now to analize the chat from Twitch.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)