Trigger Throw animation while running.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Throw daggers and hit the most fruit! Watch out for the wind, if you run out of daggers you'll lose the game!
  • I don't see an issue with 315, all angles look good? The issue with the throw while idle is because you're using angle of motion to set the animation and when you are idle it's always 0. I'll take a look at a fix though.

• I put in a fix where you store the last move angle in a variable

dropbox.com/s/55w1caq38ablbc5/8direction%20ninja.c3p

• Thanks. Much better improvement. He can now throw in all angles including the "315," but he won't throw in the 315 angle while running. Was he able to run in that 315 (45 angle) and throw for you?

Thanks again.

• Yeah it was fine for me just the corner angles are more sensitive, if you slightly release the key it will tend towards the 90 angles. I don't know if that is to do with the maths in the function.

• For that angle it only works if I'm not moving. It won't fire when I'm running in that angle. Do you think there is a better way with reworking event 1? I tried and it still is off or do you think a completely new structure of events is needed?

• If you mean W+D down and running while throwing it looks perfectly fine to me same as the other 3 diagonal movements.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep. When W & D are down and I press the left key, nothing fires. It fires if I stop in that angle, just not when I'm moving. I was looking at the Debug mode and it shows all other angles switching animation (0 to 0Throw, etc.), but it stays on 315 if I'm running.

Not sure why it won't trigger.

By chance do you think there is a better way or is it my computer just not running it right...?

• I never recreated the issue you're having with that 315 angle even on the original you sent or my updated one, not sure what happened on your computer. All I can think of is it's not switching because you have an older version where the throw animation has a typo.

• Okay, I'm looking. Where abouts is or was there a typo? I did see the animation was "current" instead of from the beginning to start it though, but even changing that didn't trigger it. Where abouts in the events did you spot it?

Thanks again.

• I didn't see a typo just guessing. If what you sent me is the latest version then there's no problem from my side, I've never recreated that bug.

• Alright. I'd love to make sure it works 100% and then post the Event Sheet for others wanting to create something similar. Weird that it works completely on your end, but not mine. Even in the debug mode, when I'm running and tap the left button it still shows only the 315 animation where all other angles show the angle number with THROW.

If you think of something and have the time, let me know. I really appreciate you taken the time to look into this. It's better than it was before.

Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)