Have I tried to oversimplify but actually made it more difficult?

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Greetings,

I'm making a version of Nintendo Game & Watch 'Helmet' in Construct 3 and thought I could deal with the falling objects as one sprite 'enemy'.

In the screen shot below, I've created one 'enemy' sprite which has five different animations - hammer, bucket, pliers, screwdriver, spanner.

I've made a global variable 'enemyposition' which sets the size and position of the animation.

The thing I can't do is create/spawn an enemy every x seconds, have it choose 'enemyposition 1-5' and play the animation, since each time a new object is created, the animation before moves to the size/position of 'enemyposition'. And if I try to destroy an enemy after the animation has finished, it destroys them all.

Should I have created five separate sprites instead, with a single animation each, rather than try and consolidate them into one enemy, or is there a way I can achieve this and just can't see what I'm meant to do?

dropbox.com/s/003ws4j0fa7wz9s/Helmet.c3p

Many thanks :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • enemyposition should be an instance variable on the enemy object then you can set it for each created instance

• Thanks lionz ! That was it :)

Much appreciated - and for the fast reply too!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)